Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a small site that has an Avaya voice switch connected to a c3560x switch.The avaya tech told us to set this on our ports to which the phone and the desktop are connected.interface GigabitEthernet0/11description jack 62 viewing area 131switchp...

Within my organization, we have a TWTC fiber ring that has roughly 7 nodes comprising the ring.  We have been experiencing EIGRP syslog traps on various nodes that comprise the ring sporatically.  We have also reached out to TWTC, for we thought that...

vincentm by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! SSH headache!

Hello all!I am working in an enterprise LAN environment. We have about 100 switches, mostly 3560 and 3750's. Let me give you the setup, then ask for some great advice from this fantastic forum!This is a typical Cisco network, yet it's flat. No routin...

Hello!I have two N5K (5020) switches with NX-OS - 5.0(3)N2(1). These two switches form VPC domain: peer-link = 2*10Gb ports (1/17-18) and peer-keepalive link over managements ports.Also I have two HP servers with two 10 Gb ports on each server.Each s...

victoro by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello again!!:Is there a reason the "[no] service password-recovery" command is not available in the list of IOS commands?:I've looked at IOS 12.4- 15.x (IPBase through Advanced IP services) on the 2800 series routers.The Cisco documtation states thi...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Experts,Have an odd-ball. In our organization, each cube/desk/office is designated a certain IP address. This is mainly for mapping to the proper printers in the building etc.I'm looking for a way to do per-port DHCP. I.E... I know that say port ...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 20+ VLANs on our main network, we have an offsite connected by metro GIG fiber ethernet.  Right now, we have a layer 2 connection to there with the core at the main site as the gateway.  We have had problems occationaly with the metro etherne...

relder by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I have an ip address of a server on a remote switch how do I find out what port it is on?? I know I can get the Mac of the server and look at the Mac table but what if I only have ip. I used to get this but can't remember what I did. I console in...

gene.uhl by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,One of our clients is running MST on a ring with a diameter of 40 switches. Up until now everythings works fine. Our client wants to expand this even more with a couple of extra switches. I have not much realworld experience with MST. So I have...

Hello,I am trying to copy a file saved in bootflash from ethanalyzer capture on Nexus 7K. While trying to copy it gives the below message and copy fails.local: /bootflash/cop1: Permission deniedCopy complete, now saving to disk (please wait)...I can ...

Hi Netpro1)What are the below means?N7K-C7010-FAB-1 Nexus 7000 - 10 Slot Chassis - 46Gbps/Slot Fabric Module N7K-C7010-FAB-2 Nexus 7000 - 10 Slot Chassis - 110Gbps/Slot Fabric Module 1)How to calculate the Ration and the oversubscruption of the line ...