Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I am currently looking for a Cisco terminal server solution to remotely access through console my private Cisco home lab. I am thinking of buying Cisco 2811 but I struggle to figure out the difference which ASYNC/SYNC MODULE to use. So, my ques...

surjkar71 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I have a modular 1720 router that I need to get to the latest IOS. It currently has IOS 12.2 (46). The flash memory is 8MB. Where can I find a listing of what is the most current IOS I could upgrade this too? Please ask if there is something I di...

Hello all, im after some advice.I have setup 2 2960s with flexstack. I have setup a channel group (LACP) on G1/0/1 + G2/0/1 (cross stack) which connect to a storage box.I'm a little stuck when it comes to the load balacing and fail over;Do i use sour...

Hello,I have a central hub router using sub-interfaces that connects to multiple remote sites. Running CDP across all links, I can see the remote sites from the hub router, but not the hub router from all remote sites.I'm guessing this is due to CDP ...

Is it possible to conditionally trust the QoS of incoming frames/packets on a switchport by detecting a device via LLDP instead of CDP on that port?  I suppose I could use smartport macros for something like this, but it seems like a simple qos setti...

ds6123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello-We recently added an 1841 router to our infrastructure but are are having problems pulling snmp values for its power supply. We get an error telling us that the the hardware is not prsenset. Obviously that is not true as the device is powered o...

nspasov by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.Cisco Call Manager generates lot of multicast traffic for Music on Hold through the VOICE Vlan.I wish to filter this traffic from being transmitted on a specific switchport belonging to this LAN: there is a way to achieve this?I cannot use VACL (m...

Dear frinds.i have got couple of questions1. i want to configure a support user and want to give him  rights to view the configuration and also to monitor through web/ device manager. what  all things i need to do. Authentication is local. No changes...

Please suggest port number used by icmp and traceroute.Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi everyone.Im trying to do a "debug ip packet 101" on a 4507 switch but the only thing i get it:hostname#, Access List(8), rtype 0, forus FALSE, sendself FALSE, mtu 0, Access List(14), rtype 1, forus FALSE, sendself FALSE, mtu 0hostname#, Access Lis...

I'm currently using a 3550-12T as a core router for my small network.  I'm wanting to upgrade to something newer that runs an IOS that supports WCCP2.I need layer 3 functionality with at least 10 - GigE ports.Any recommendations?Thx

mcvosi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes