Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to determine whether to configure L2 or L3 between the core switch and the access closets.  The core switches are 6509-E and the access closets have 3750x-48P-L switches (stacked).  There are 5 switches on the second floor and 3 on the fi...

gdrandles by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear friends,Does anybody know how the MD5 checksum is computed for VTPv1/VTPv2 in detail, i.e. what exact data is covered by the MD5 sum and how is it structured, how does the VTP password come in, etc.? I am currently creating some low-level tools ...

Hi everybodyI'm working on Cisco 888w router, the problem is that this router load in rommon mode,I tried to use tftpdnld - set IP_ADDRESS, IP_SUBNET-MASK,... - but tftp server and router cannot ping eachother. then try xmodem to upload IOS. (I copy ...

Hello,I need to troubleshoot the network where throughput is noticeably degraded through GRE tunnel.MTU 1500 and Speed 100mb/s on all physical links along the path.HOST1—L2SW—RTR2811—SW3560—RTR3725—FWLPIX—SW3750—HOST2                                 ...

Hi,i know the native vlan by default is vlan1but what does this command do switchpoirt trunk native vlan 5int fas0/5swtichport mode trunkswitport trunk native vlan 5does this mean anything connected to this port will get ip address in vlan 5 ? and wh...

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding monitoring, I´m looking for an appliance/software to be able to know what is going on with my network. I want to see statistics and graphics and be able to predict problems and analize a specific problem wh...

Hi Allwhen i try and run the following command between my PC and one of our servers i get the output belowping -l 1490 -f 192.168.0.1Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.Packet needs to be fragmented but D...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card