Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Initial design of connecting 2232 and 2248 FEX modules to a 5020 and I want to ensure that I'm connecting the ports on ports controlled by different Unified Port Controllers.  Just trying to minimize any potential outages that could occur by connecti...

Is there a way from the command line of a 3120 (or even CNA) to reset a slot in the chassis?  We've been having odd behavior recently where a server will stop receiving.  I've tried going in and doing a shut/no shut on each of the interfaces associat...

g.hammond by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello community,I have never implemented ePagp between two VSS systems and would like to be know there is no restriction about such implementation.After going through the different documents I see ePaGP is well supported (

Hi,What's the best approach to merge two seperate switch stacks? For some strange reason we have two 3750 stacks (2 switches in each stack) which are connected using a trunk (all vlans allowed) via one ethernet cable. My initial thoughts were to crea...

HI All,I have been reading through this document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572829-01_Design_N5K_N2K_vPC_DG.pdfI'm looking for a sanity-check. Please take a look at the attachment, I believe this setup will...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am seeing excessive "PIM(0): Send v2 Register to x.x.x.x for x.x.x.x, group x.x.x.x" messages on a first hop layer 3 switch upstream from the multicast source (it is also the DR)I have read that the DR uses the PIM register process to inform the...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey experts , someone please tell me if the cisco srw2024 switches support VLAN and mac based features . Also please tell me what exactly the MAC based features would be .  Does this mean that we can specify a list of mac-addresses to which only netw...

AustinMas by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a query regarding an HWIC-2FE module on a Cisco 3845 router.The show controllers output shows negative counter for InUnicasts and InGoodOctets and I would like to know what it means.Here is the output of show controllers fa0/0/1:wc2437-...

ajaju by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello QOS Guru,I am trying to set up qos and would like some clarification on the "cos-to-dscp" and "dscp-to-cos" mapping to ensure my understanding is correct.Here is my scenario:cisco phone --- f0/1-(3560sw)-gig0/1-----trunk 802.1q----- gig0/2-(375...

loyoung by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes