Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two hosts in the same vlan on a 2960g switch. On of the hosts is a SAN and the other is a virtual host on a Xenserver stack. Again both hosts are in the same vlan.Questions:1. Would using jumbo frames in this case give me any improvement in pe...

Pete89 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two 3560 acting as layer 2 access switches. Both are uplinked to a root 3750 switch stack. I am wondering if a backup link can be implemented between the two access switches, for purposes of failover. I included a diagram, because although I ...

martens72 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a Cat6K switch running 12.2(33)SXH7 in a lab environment. Is there a way to do a copy running-configuration to a file that *does* include the "no shuts".  I do a copy running-config disk0:saved-file, but it doesn't include the "no shuts", so...

I posted a question yesterday concerning IPV6 and updated it to "answered" by mistake.Whenever someone plugs in an Apple or HP device with IPV6 enabled, the VLAN that it is associated comes to a halt. We get some kind of IPV6 broadcast storm. So, for...

HiI have two 6509s at Core with MST 802.1s configured with two internal istances (IST1 and IST2)IST0 have no vlan mapping neither vlan 1.One 6509 is root bridge for IST0 and IST1 and the other one is root bridge for IST2If I connect the 6509 to a non...

urbinir by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all, during my CCNP 642-813, my instructor issued a challenge: benefits of L3 switching over L2 switching.I was no able to understand the question. In my opinion, L2 and L3 switching have two different target so you cannot compare each others: ...

I want to know how toassign multiple VLANS to the same switchport, the scenario is that there is an end client on172.17.10.44 witha default gateway of 172.17.10.20 on a router with the end client connected to fastethernet 0/1 of a 3550 multi-layer sw...

dmclarnon by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys very new to Nexus i have one questioninfect two :-)Can i create vlan interface for managment plus can i create loopback 0 for traps ?????is creating vlans and trunks and port channels are same as any other cisco switch ie 3750/4500Thanks guys an...

Resolved! HSRP Timers

Hi to all, i have a question involving HSRP basic concept.I'm studying a simple scenario: three switches indicated as S1, S2, S3 are connected each other and HSRP is configured in each of them.Follwing the outputhostname Switch1interface Vlan10ip add...

Resolved! OSPF Cost Metric

all,please advise which is more practical and the proper design to use OSPF cost for route metric. is it the bandwidth or ip ospf cost interface command?.R1(config)#int s0/0/0R1(config-if)#bandwidth ?  <1-10000000>  Bandwidth in kilobitsR1(config)#in...

Hi all ,    I have two 3750 switch.switch A(main) and switch B is connected by OFC but i have another wireless link for backup.Now if OFC goes down then i manually connect wireless link with switch B  for this reasons i am faceing a lot of problem.I ...