Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiAs per RSTP protocol documentation, RSTP send Hello message to neighbour switch and detect the failure in switch. Every switch have own BPDU in RSTP, I know regular STP protocol require root bridge because they will send update BPDU in switching do...

Hello Everyone,I have been experimenting with Multi-Area OSPF and Redistribution in preparation for the CCNP ROUTE test. Redistributing routes into OSPF seems to be easy enough but the external routes only show up in Area 0. Can anybody tell me what ...

i know about trunk it carry multiple vlan information over trunk link but my question is that suppose i have 2 switch have one default vlan number 1 and second is 10.suppose one pc from vlan 10 ping other pc in same vlan of second switch.so trunk lin...

Hello, can someone give me a reference on maximum number of VPC domains per VDC on the latest code for N7k?We are building a new datacenter with 5k upstream to 7k with 2 VPC per 5k. How far we can scale? ThanksSerg

t814687 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi experts,I recently run into an issue that somebody mistakenly interconnected two devices which are connected on two separate ports on the same switch. The devices are a  VOIP phone and an IPTV STB. They all have the 2nd port and sombody had the po...

Hello everyone!We have just installed a Sv8300 phone switch and configured it with a xxx.xxx.102.3 ip address.  it is connected to a port on a CISCO 3750.  The switch is connected to a 2800 router.  I am able to ping within the LAN but not outside no...

dacruzer1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 2 WS-C3750X-24T-S switches that I would like to use as a stack. Each has come with one 350WAC power supply. Does a single 350WAC powersupply support two switch stack. Meaning, if plug out powersupply of one switch, will the stack be still r...

Resolved! QoS confusion

I am reading through some of the documentation for WRR queuing, and I am la little confused on a couple things:Each switch has a certain number of egress queues, and one of these is the priority queue. So a 3750 will be a 1p3q1t (XpYqZt), meaning tha...

Hi EveryoneI am planning to my CCIE R&S strating next year but I dont know from where to can anyone please guide me in right direction that will be gerat ,Which book do I have to read for my CCIE R&S ( Written Exam )Which book or Training do I havre ...

Im having a basic infrastructure setup issue.I have been given the following ip information for connection to a service provider.10.191.66.8/30.9 being the A (their) end.10 being Z (my) endI have been given a range of ips to give to clients for their...

HI all ¡¡¡ I have some doubts about rstp and i hope someone can help me.1º)I have read when a new switch its added to the toplogy RSTP requires it to base its forwarding decisions on the type of port(edge, point to point or root).I don't understand v...

Looking for a good configuration sample for our network core. We have dual6509 switches. Just upgraded one switch to native IOS only. Plan to moveall network devices to this when it is ready. The second(current production 6509)is still running IOS/Ca...