Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I was checking out the supervisor engines ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/hardware/module/guide/01overvw.html#wp1070862 ) and could not tell what the differences are from one to the other.  I have 2 4506s with sup IV engin...

hi,any hints about this Nexus 7010 (k9 5.1.1a image) log messagge?switch %$ VDC-1 %$ %USER-1-SYSTEM_MSG: POST FAILED. device:78 inst:0. ABORTING  - octopusswitch seem to be in kind of loop anche continue to reload on sup secondary. now i have no ac...

bgp is redistributed under ospf as below. i am trying to catch the meaning of route-map & its statements which is used here.router ospf 5 redistribute bgp 1234 subnets route-map redistribute_bgp-to-ospfroute-map redistribute_bgp-to-ospf           rou...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, just a few quick questions regarding a collapsed distribution scenario -To give you a brief outline of the setup, I have two 3750 layer 3 switches setup as the distribution layer with HSRP and a layer 3 link between them.  I then have two 296...

Hi all ¡¡¡I have some doubts about etherchannel-->1º)Etherchannel and channel-group its the same?2º)Why is best to use etherchannel negotiation protocols(lacp and PAgP) to etablish a etherchannel in mode ON... Where is the advanjate?In all the cases ...

I have the following scenario:A layer 3 switch with two connected computers, each one corresponding to a different vlan (200 and 300). The switch is connected to a router using only one fast Ethernet port. How can i configure intervlan routing, with ...

rangel321 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:Please I have two questions about the subject:1.- First question, In a Stack of Switch Catalyst 3750, it can work with differents flavors, I mean, one switch that belong to the Stack have IOS version 12.2(35)SE5, IP BASE, another switch may hav...

Hi Guys,I just got my hands on the new 2960S's and I fired up the latest version of Cisco Network Assistant, and it turns out that the switch is not compatible with the CNA.This doc:https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/q...

CHRIS YEO by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There,I am looking for a stable release, preferably up to date ( 14.4? IOS) version for a 6513 switch running supervisor 720, the aim of the upgrade is to support a WISM card that we are installing, since the current version doesn´t support it. Bu...

thomas by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI need to complete some documentation for disaster recovery purposes, basically restoring a cisco cat 6509 running IOS, ie if the file system is corrupt and wont boot.Can anyone put the basic steps down on restoring and image, config and settin...

Can I have one vlan acces list and filter it across multiple VLANs? Like so:ip access-list extended VLAN_BLOCK_SNMP................. permit udp 172.23.22.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.55.0 0.0.0.255 eq snmp permit udp 172.23.23.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.55.0 0.0.0.2...