Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to know how toassign multiple VLANS to the same switchport, the scenario is that there is an end client on172.17.10.44 witha default gateway of 172.17.10.20 on a router with the end client connected to fastethernet 0/1 of a 3550 multi-layer sw...

dmclarnon by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys very new to Nexus i have one questioninfect two :-)Can i create vlan interface for managment plus can i create loopback 0 for traps ?????is creating vlans and trunks and port channels are same as any other cisco switch ie 3750/4500Thanks guys an...

Resolved! HSRP Timers

Hi to all, i have a question involving HSRP basic concept.I'm studying a simple scenario: three switches indicated as S1, S2, S3 are connected each other and HSRP is configured in each of them.Follwing the outputhostname Switch1interface Vlan10ip add...

Resolved! OSPF Cost Metric

all,please advise which is more practical and the proper design to use OSPF cost for route metric. is it the bandwidth or ip ospf cost interface command?.R1(config)#int s0/0/0R1(config-if)#bandwidth ?  <1-10000000>  Bandwidth in kilobitsR1(config)#in...

Hi all ,    I have two 3750 switch.switch A(main) and switch B is connected by OFC but i have another wireless link for backup.Now if OFC goes down then i manually connect wireless link with switch B  for this reasons i am faceing a lot of problem.I ...

we have two 6509e's running VSS and SSO, single sup's in each 6k - we are running hrsp but w/ onl one switch as active, meaning there is just one vss cluster that's active, so there is no standby peer had to initiate sso event in order to re-seat the...

Recently  we upgraded the Cat 6509 IOSfrom  a modular IOS to NON modular onemodular--s72033-ipservices_wan-vz.122-18.SXF8.binnon modular- s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF13.binduring upgradation I copied the non mod IOS to supbootdisk,show sup-b...

Has anyone came accorss the following situation in Nexus 7K with vPC.NEXUS1# sh spanning-tree vlan 3871VLAN3871  Spanning tree enabled protocol rstp  Root ID    Priority    36639             Address     0022.557a.7641             This bridge is the r...

I've submitted a ticket for this but on the odd chance someone here knows the answer I'll ask.I am trying to create a simple switch configuration utility using TCL for the junior guys (and myself). However after every tcl command I get both the expec...

Hi all experts.I have configured the following command on one routerip tacacs source-interface Fas0/0interface fast 0/0ip address 10.1.8.1 255.255.255.0But for some reason, i had to configure another primary address, making above IP to be secondaryin...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just recently bought a Cisco UC520, it consists of 2 parts, the CU500 series and UC520 switch module itself. The switch module has no console port, and I am trying to connect to it. I following the instructions in the CCA, which are connecting my l...

Resolved! Stop IPV6

IPv6 has become a problem in our network. When a device that connects without IPv6 turned off (Apples or hp printers in particular) the VLAN gets pounded with IPv6 traffic and brings the VLAN to a stop. So, I thought that I might try to stop all v6 t...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card