Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Was wondering if it is possible to allow the same mac addresses with port security to more that one port on a switch. For instance; we want to secure our Conference room ports. There is more than one port per Conference room but, they go to the same ...

Hi every body.1)Let say we have two host,h1 and h2  both are connected by fastethernet duplex link (100Mbps).h1--------------------------h2how do we interpret bandwidth of 100Mbps?   Do we look at bandwidth as the maximum number of bits that can be p...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am attempting to troubleshoot a multicast problem and I'm at a dead end.  I have a host that needs to join a particular group, but when the host joins, no data ever flows.  On the router (6506 w/Sup 720), I see a *,G entry, but no S,G.   I've al...

branfarm1 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please accept my apology for posting this question here but I cannot locate the information needed anywhere else.We  downloaded the Cisco support and CLI configuration documents for  routers, switches and firewalls (.pdf files) and now want to print ...

fsebera by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  perhaps i missed something,butshow mls qos int statistics counts the output? queues freo 0 to 3:whileshow mls qos queue-set qounts from 1 to 4 .Switch#sh mls qos interface ten 0/1 statistics...  output queues enqueued: queue:    threshold1   thr...

j-marenda by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had a very simple question.I wondered if, in the output of the show vlan brief command, I can see also the ports belonging to an active VLAN but in a state different from up/up.For example, if I shutdown an interface, can I see the interface under ...

Hi,I am configuration my 2960 switch now and got some problem when configuration between untagged and tagged traffic.  Following is simple setup:subnet: 192.168.20.xVLAN: 20Default: 802.1qfa 0/2 --- connected device which have driver to support vlanf...

Machi Ma by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Evening,I am going to be enabling Jumbo frames on my stacked Catalyst 3750G.I have an Equallogic box that is sat on its own VLAN with a small number of server hosts that connect to it. The Equallogic box puts out jumbo packets (9000).The stacked...

OK I am attempting to upgrade the IOS on a new 4900M to the latest IOS and having difficulting. Ive figured out the port config (I think)hw-module module 2 port-group 1 select gigabitTo see it:Switch#sh hw-mod module port-grModule Port-group Active  ...