Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! IOS Feature Sets

Hello I have a question about licensing and upgrading IOS Software. Our company has 11 Cisco routers and switches with original IOS:* 2 routers Cisco 3825 with IOS: c3825-ipbase-mz.123-11.T11.bin* 1 router Cisco 2811 with IOS: c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-...

Hi,More of a query for an SE than a hands-on techie I suspect!!Are there any real benefits of deploying CoPP on 6500 SUP32's as opposed to SUP2's?I know the SUP32 uses an MSFC2A and PFC3B, while the SUP2 uses a MSFC2 and PFC2, but would these improve...

Dear AllI am a network administrator of a small firm having around 120 users.We are shifting to a new office soon.I am planning the lan with 10 2960 and a 3750 switch.The users applications are1)Users will acces some file server2)Internal web server ...

hey all,im studying for my CCNP Switch exam and i was woundering if any one had any ideas for some labs i could rack up? i have 2 3550 switches and 2 2950 switches in my home lab.thanks

Hi All,          We have a tool that would pull the netflow logs and display the output in a text file, is there a gui tool that can be used to view the output from the text file, the tool should also be able to do sorting.....any sugesstions would b...

The picture shows part of a network consisting of Cisco 3750 L3 switch that routes between VLANs and a number of physically separate segments with 2960 switches. They are connected with trunk's and redundant optical links to the L3 switch. L3 is a VT...

Hi,I have found a lots of documentation on the bootstrap but there is still one thing unclear to me. What is the difference between being into a boostrrap mode and ROMMon. Do we have a different set of command between these two modes. Why would we wa...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all experts.I have a simple question. Lets say i have an ISR (1800,2800). IOS is corrupt and i need to upload IOS into flash. I know the procedure of tftpdnld. This process assigns the defined IP to the first interface of the router. Like in case ...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Cisco 6509 e ( i think) that had the 31-1535-01 2500w power supplies. I turned the switch off and replaced them with the 341-0092-03 6000 watt power supply . Running WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE as the SUP with CATos . When i did this it would boot up ...

HiI have two layer3 switches, one vlan, and one routed port at 3550-1.1. fa0/15 of 3550-2 is a routed port connecting only to one host which only know how to send broadcast.2. 3550-1 and 3550-2 only have one vlan 10.At fa0/15 of 3550-2:no switchporti...

rakyomin78 by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Can IOS of switch Ws-3750-24TS be upgraded using console-xomdem if normal TFTP fails?   Do we have any tftpdnld command available from rommon mode of switch?Once we upgrade do we specifically need to put the boot system command even if only one IO...

Hi all,I've been reading through this support community for about a week now and found  many discussions similar to my question about using fa/0 & fa/1 on my 2811's. Attached is a drawing of our typical remote locations.  Left side is current configu...