Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

STP

Its a small doubt, please clarify- When STP Max age timer expires, we can conclude that Root Bridge is down . what conclusion we can made when STP Hello timer expires on a non root bridge? If a non root bridge doesnt get a Configuraton BPDU with in a...

Hi,I know that it is not possible to delete VLAN 1 on Cisco switch since it is used to carry protocol like VTP & CDP. My question is I would like to know if there is a way to restrict VLAN 1 to only carry the control traffic on this vlan. Can we prev...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hope someone can spread some light here please..Trying to setup PBR for traffic from one server to another to go over a direct link between site A and B.But it looks like PBR is not going over the P2P but over the VPN tunnel.Is there any way I can ch...

CT_Dude by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Is the first time I make a question here. Sorry if already was been answered but I've not found it out.There is anyway to assign a fixed ip address using MAC-Address by DHCP server in a Cisco ASA5510? Now we have a isc-dhcp server running o...

oscarc by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am testing a few possibilities about Failover with SUP720-VSSthis is my configswitch virtual domain 100 switch mode virtual switch 1 priority 254VSL betwenn both 10G Portsof the SUPs as Portchannelinterface Port-channel1 no switchport no ip address...

I am designing a new connectivity solution to one of our customers and would like to deploy a couple of pairs of 1921 switches as it is pretty low bandwidth traffic.  Now looking ahead I would like to be able to use the same routers for other/future ...

joerggrau by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currenlty have MST configured on our 6500's with multiple instances. We also have it configured on the connected 3550/3750 switches.Over time unfortunately the configuration has got out of sync and was wondering if i can just add / remove the vlans...

Hi,We have a vlan that we protect from inbound traffic:   10 permit tcp any any established (189 matches)    20 permit tcp any xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 0.0.0.1 eq 554    30 permit udp any xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 0.0.0.1 eq 5004    40 permit udp any xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 0....

MJonkers by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiCan any one telle me that how I can avoid that route-map policy on vlan interface to overruled the defalut route. The mening is that I want to redirect the traffic to next-hop ip add. in route-map to get to a specific destination and other wise the...

sfanayei by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to determine when I perform show standby the following appears:GigabitEthernet0/1 - Group 2  State is Active    264 state changes, last state change 00:47:43  Virtual IP address is 10.2.5.1  Active virtual MAC address is 0000.0c07.ac02    Loca...

ropethic by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes