Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have a 6509 (R7000), I want to locate the port traffic is going through for a server. I have the server's ip; so I ping the server(using the respective vrf), then sh ip arp vrf <VRF> <target ip>, then sh mac-address-table address <MAC found o...

mariorod1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi2AllI had posted this on WAN forum,Switch-----------------------Wireless_outdoor_API got issue on the switchport connecting to Wireless_outdoor_AP, all of a sudden the port becomes error_disable.I shutdown the port and make the port default then it...

Hi!I have a question regarding 6509 config:interface Vlan33 ip vrf forwarding old_lan ip address 10.4.2.1 255.255.255.0 ip helper-address 10.10.1.2endShould I configure the ip helper-address in a vrf or will it understand that the helper must look fo...

ropakalns by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

on ISR 12.4(20)T2, object-group for acls feature have a strange behaviourobject-group service OGs_Standard eigrp icmp tcp eq echoIP access-list extended Acl_Inside... 210 permit object-group OGs_Standard any any 220 deny ip any any log (22 mat...

falain by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750 PoE switch with vlan 10 for data and vlan 50 for voice. I am having problems when i move the phone and pc to a new port. It does not get on the network unless I flip the switchport trunk native vlan between vlan 10 and vlan 50. Can you ...

Hello,Im used to using Sonicwalls and hav absolutly no problem setting up VPN's on them.I have never dealt with 871's before and have come to the realization that this is NOT the most friendliest device around. They dont need to make it this complica...

jschneiter by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Could vPC be leveraged with Nexus 5Ks in the distro layer and stacked 3rd party switches in the access layer?So, imagine I have a 3Com or Dell or HP stacked switches in the access layer.I think the answer is yes because the vPC functionality (similar...

lamav by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, need a little straightening out in my head...How does stacking effect LAGs?If a switch can only support 8 ports per LAG, yet you need more ports to be part of the LAG, the answer, I am told, is to stack the switches...A bit confused...If I have a...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can catalsyt support mix and match? I wanna use some ports with ISL and and some with DOT1.Q trunking.  Is it possible or you are bound to use only one for the whole chassis.

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes