Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,Issue 1).I am applying the following command: "spanning-tree portfast default" in config mode and then when I check the running-config I don't see all ports in portfast as I understand they should be according to book...... is there any explana...

Can someone tell me what the point of running LACP or PagP between two switches/routers for ether-channel is? My feeling is just set up the links on each side and set the mode to "on" and be done with it. It seems like running a protocol to do this s...

e.maloney by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I apologize if this is clearly documented somewhere but I was not able to find an answer. I have a couple Nexus 7ks with 6kW PSUs installed and 30a/208v whips under the cabinet. I know the 7.5kW PSUs require 30A circuits and thus ship with the ...

cat6500 side is fastethernet and set to speed 100 and duplex fullibm side is gig is set to auto/ autoThings working fine with the error aboveBut when i set the ibm side to speed 100 and duplex full or half ports will show down/downi have total of 4 p...

mhasabal by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have catalyst 6509 with sup 720 ,3750-12g and 2960 , from 6509 to 3750-12g is connected with 10g and after that 8 nos. 2960 switches are connected with FC port in all 8 departments. Now we have to plan to implement L3 VLAN .We have few points.1...

I have a Core 6513 connected to ASA-VPN Firewall where I have defined my user pool for remote VPN Clients 172.16.1.0.6513 is connected to Distribution Layer switch 6509 with Layer II Trunk. 6509 DL switch is connected to one of my WAN 7206 router for...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Team,    There is a issue with 2821 Router so replace with 2811 Router. My query is whenever i remove and reinsert the LAN or WAN Interface Cable from Router, Traffic get stop to trasfer through the router. Again after reloading the device every...

md farook by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have recently come across a problem which I think is hardware related, but I would like some additional input before I get a replacement.The problem stems from a 4507R running cat4000-i5k91s-mz.122-25.EWA12.bin.One of the supervisors does not becom...

I'd like to upgrade an existing Sup6L-E with a LAN base image to IP Base image of 12.2.53 SG.I plan to purchase the IOS upgrade but can I perform the upgrade prior to purchasing the IOS upgrade?  I'd like to test the functionality prior to the purcha...

Hi everybody.I'm very new to Cisco. And now I need to set up some configuration urgently. I know that I should to read lot of manuals rather than to annoy this community with stupid questions. But it looks like I will not have time for experiments if...