Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Customer is looking at layer 3 switching design using RIPv2 between all LAN switches. Would using RIPv2 be a more stable design than using a traditional layer 2 design with MSTP/RPVST+ (see attached diagram).note: Customer is not prepared to upgrade ...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I'm running a Cisco 1841 and a 2960 switch at home.  I have a PS3 and a media server, both of which are running in the same subnet.  I use the PS3 to stream movies directly from my server regularly.Anyway, I run netflow in my 1841 router to...

hi all,i have question regarding this  output3550SMI#sh int trunkPort        Mode             Encapsulation  Status        Native vlanFa0/8       desirable        n-802.1q       trunking      1Fa0/13      auto             n-802.1q       trunking     ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We recently migrated from another vendor to Cisco in our core (yay!) The migration seems to have gone on with out a hitch but one things seems to really bother me. We are now running PVST everwhere in the campus building up from MSt in the old ...

Hi All, we have  two switches connected via a trunk link that is configured as below::!interface FastEthernet0/23 description Connection to SWITCH-1 switchport trunk allowed vlan 4094 switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiateinterface FastEthernet...

What are the benefits that may be gained by configuring a VLAN that spans across two locations connected via a WAN link.What are the risks and concerns that need to be considered in this situation?

rocknolds by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Netpros,Please help me to understand the difference between below two working of "Extended ping with size"1) For Eg,  We having a 1Mb internet connectivity to remote end(10.10.0.2). We are pining (extended ping with repeat size of 500) to remote e...

Hi everybody.I am trying to understand   the  option " loose source route option" in the ip header. I got the general idea how it is used,  but i am looking for a link  that can illustrate  its usage.  if anyone knows  such link, please forward to me...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How to check trunk port on 3548 xl switchHi all,i have 3548 xl switch  i know on other switches i can use commandsh int trunk  but on this switch it  does not work.do anyone knows which command we can use  to check trunk ports other then thissh int...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,i did write erase and  then did delete flash:vlan.dat  after that i reloadedwhen switch was booting up i get errorError loading "flash:/c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA8a.bin"after this message switch booted okhere is sh flash   and  other infoSwit...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ping -a parameter

Hi  everbody. I was doing ping with parameter -a, when i encountered something strange.  here is what i did.ping help.comI got the  ip address from above command as 216.239.116.121Then i used the command  :ping -a 216.239.116.121My understanding was ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! RTT time in ping

Hi  every body.I  was reading about ping  tool.  When we ping an ip address, we also get RTT( round trip time).Let say we have two hosts, A and B.  Let say we ping B from A  and get the  ping response with RTT 10 msec. Does this 10m sec also include ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all!Qustion about 877 K9 dls router.I have 2 vlans: 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.240, switchport FE0  and 10.10.20.1. 255.255.255.240 switchport FE1.for my dsl link i use IRB config with dinami ip address.internet connection works for both vlans.I have ...

I have a router 1801, adsl port configured with one ISP, and Fastethernet0 port is configured with another ISP provider. So I want to configured like if adsl (ISP) not working then traffic pass through fastethernet0 (ISP) I made commands:ip route 0.0...

nadeem704 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes