Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all.I have a 3845 router with 256 DRAM and 64 flash. IOS is 12.4(20)T advsecurity. This router is serving as a hub to more then 150+ branches. Firewall is connected to this router and beyond the firwall are 2 internet connections as well.At peek t...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I must be losing it. I'm setting up a 1721 router internally on my nework. I've configured both interfaces and both are up up. I've configured a default route and a name server but I can't seem to get it to route. can anyone see anything obvious?R...

Eggzter100 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

im wondering if there is anything to be gained by having 2 trunks running across my distribution layer switches, where each will allow only the vlans for each switch block....so switch block 1 which includes access layer switches 1 and 2 will support...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to limit bandwidth or Reserver bandwidth for a network, Eg:Iam having 1Mbps connection and there are two vlansNetworkA128 is for Voice128 for Web256 for  dataandNetwork B256 for Voice in this network256 for data in this networkB.So any netw...

harisivaji by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3550 ans 3560 switches connected together over three link, so I configured switch port mode to be desirable on the 3560 and switch port mode auto on the 3550. they trunk normaly, but when i configure portchannel like the config below, they p...

By default there are three types of traffic that pass through Catalyst switches:Control trafficManagement trafficEnd-user trafficControl traffic includes CDP, VTP ,PAgPManagement traffic includes end-to-end and IP-based protocols such as Telnet, SNMP...

Hi,i got 2 3500 series XL switches for labing. I already know that I can't use int range for configs because of the old IOS 12-0-5.WC17, its actually the highest one that can run on it, memory limitations for higher IOS i gather.Anyway, is there a wa...

rprudent by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a problem I can't quite pin down.I have two 6500s running VRRP on 12.2(33)SXH3.  One particular svi on Core2, interface vlan20, is having some trouble.Core 1:interface Vlan20 description Server VLAN ip address 10.100.20.2 255.255.255.0 ip fl...

Hi,Can someone tell me if there's an equivalent for the ''captures'' that you can do on the ASAs on routers?We need to sniff the packets and capture them with wireshark, but we would like the ability to do it from the router itself without the need o...

2 days ago, we had a lightning strike, on one of our buildings.  Within this building, we have a Cisco 2960G 24 port switch.  This switch is connected to an AMP patch panel via an ST to LC fiber connector, using an SFP.  There is a fiber run from thi...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card