Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an issue where data being routed through a 6500 sup720 is using its interface mac as the source, rather than the virtual.ARP to the virtual IP respond with the virtual MAC, however.ICMP request originating from network 5 (VLAN5) are routed to...

MMstre by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey,This all refers to PVST+.Does the vlan-ID actually get sent in the BPDU?Let's say two switches connect and are configured as access ports, but the vlans differ (so A (accessport 20) connects to B (accessport 30)). How will the BPDU's behave in th...

Hello,I was trying to understand a simple scenario regarding bandwidth usage. Assuming there is an ethernet link of 40Mbps capacity between two locations.there is a huge file transfer of around 400MB from one to another point.The usage of the link af...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Default Gateway

HiQ1Can anybody please explain me what is the use of  ip dafault gateway on an L2 switchI believe it is used when switch recieves an packet and its does where to forward the packet is this correct?Q2. How does it work when a L 2 switch recieves an IP...

hi,     Does anyone has an actual config for performing eFsu for a VSS system?     I already have a document i just want to verify.     Thanks.

basic question here...I have a Nexus 5010 with a bunch of 2148 hanging off it which apparently doesn't support local switching. I will have a Layer 3 Collapse Core/Distribution and the Nexus will be my Layer 2 access for serverfarm. If I created 2 Se...

aamercado by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes