Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I need to apply bogons list on my internet facing router in my organisation . suggest me were i need to apply this bogons list , whether to the interface which holding teleco circuit . for eg interface faE 0/0ip address 202.88.X.X 255.255.255.252ip...

HiI have 4506 chassis on which users directlly connected and 4506 is connected to wan routers.vlans have been created on the 4506 and users directly connected to 4506.for 1 vlan what we observed is even though the host gateway is not the vlan interfa...

Cisco have new switches , specifically 2960 with both IOS options .Can anyone explain to me when and where can we deploy a switch with Light weight image instead of Lan base image ?I am actually reluctant to position a light weight cause even Cisco S...

rami_azar by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How does one assign a network management traffic (rip, BPDUs, CDP, etc.) to a VLAN? I know to assign a computer to a VLAN, you simply add the port in that VLAN, but what I do not understand is adding network traffic to VLAN when they do not have port...

morrisbk1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're having some unicast flooding issues on our network and was told to implement these 2 commands to help with the issue:mac-address-table synchronizemac-address-table aging-time 0 routed-mac Previously we had the aging-time set to 14400 so there i...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I think I may have found the correct forum here. Been trying forever to make good use of the router I purchased from Cisco market during CCNA class.(871w) I wiped the initial config , thinking I was good enough to do it by commands. Slick , huh? Wel...

BeenyBoyz by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have connected a Cisco 857 router to an ADSL line. Internet worked for a while, then the connection started dropping. I have tested with a different router (a Netgear) and the connection is stable. The line is adsl 2+, and I have loaded the lat...

nickc1976 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have a cisco ASA 5505, and we have one ADSL internet connection and 1 leased line to the internet. I would like to connect both of these circuits to the ASA and also have a DMZ VLAN. The Inside Lan address will be directly connected to a Micro...

Can you weight WCCP so that if you have two devices that web packets can be sent to (Proxy servers), it will favor one over the other unless the primary fails.

All,I have a situation where I don't want a default gateway unless an interface is down. The default gateway is still getting put into the table even though I'm tracking based on this interface:router# sh trackTrack 1 Interface FastEthernet0/0 line-...