Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an 871 router I am redeploying. I did a factory reset on it and just to make sure it was clean I deleted the vlan.dat file from flash. I reconfigured the router and noticed DHCP is not working. DHCP seems to be fine but when I look in flash th...

HMidkiff by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings,I am trying to setup syslog messages to be sent to my logging server through vrf. I have vrf interfaces configured but when I try and run 'logging host x.x.x.x vrf <vrf_name>' I get an "Invalid input detected at vrf". Is this something sp...

Hey Guys,I was wondering if the startup for ISR routers are stored on the compact flash?Reason being say for example my 2811 router fails, would I be able to eject the compact flash and insert it into another 2811 router and all is well? I can replac...

Hello all,im looking for a complete example about configuring a QoS in a LAN network to optimize voice traffic, citrix, etc. with switches cisco catalyst 2960pls can you give some suggestions in cisco web page?

Hi,I came to know that there is some free software or tool from cisco that can be used to make a diagram of switches connectivity on the campus. Is this correct? If yes what is the link from where we can download?Any free ware available to monitor th...

Hi, I am trying to erase flash on my 2811 but get the error below. I am not sure what the next step would be since I haven't seen this once before. Thanks in advance.RT02#erase flash:Erasing the flash filesystem will remove all files! Continue? [con...

Hi,Just aquired a 6509 which has a S2E (Sup 2) on slot 1 and a X6148-GE-TX on mod 3.It's running catOS 7.6I managed to reset the password and able to login on the console via the console port.I want to change the IOS to be CiscoIOS instead of catOS. ...

pipsadmin by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I have one 4507 switch configured with etherchannel in L2 mode. My PO interface is not showing inpute rate and output rate under the command show interface po50Port-channel1 is up, line protocol is up (connected) Hardware is EtherChannel, a...

Hello,i have an 3750G and it is provisioned with Switch ID 1 and the Stack is ready. I want to install the Switch as a Standalone without Stacking. How can i configure this ? When i configure no switch 1 provision the command is beeing rejected beca...

can someone convince why modular IOS is better than the binary for 6500s sup720?I've read documentation tells some cool features about the modular IOSbut I also read that people have had issues like high CPU with the modular IOS.I've also noticed tha...

nawas by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to policed voice traffic on a 3750 and remarked it from CS3 to dscp 8interface FastEthernet 0switchport access vlan 10switchport mode accessswitchport voice vlan 20(Are these commands correct ?)mls qos trust device cisco-phonemls qos t...

PAUL CHEN by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to configure a 4948 switch port that connects to a ESX server that shares a NIC with a DRAC. The server and DRAC reside on different networks, VLAN 138 and 159. When I configure the port for "switchport access vlan 159" I can only hit th...

d3mb0y555 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card