Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

i have an odd problem with routing traffic between two ASAs in two different locations. i have two locations with a site-to-site T1 in between. in both locations i have ASA5510s and on both ASAs i have following interfaces:outside -> external interfa...

george by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all. Just passed my CCCENT last week and am hitting the CCNA material - VLANS and VTP.I understand Cisco catalyst switches default to a VLAN server but I'm having problems finding what the default VTP negotiation would be with no additional confi...

pipemajor by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI've got a switch with about 70 vlan's and 3 loopback interfaces on it, the switch also does routing. I want to telnet to a device on vlan 66, how do I know what ip the switch is going to use as the source ip address if I initiate the telnet from t...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there any link on CCO where it can walk through detailed steps with configurations and commands of Cisco Nexus Switching platform?

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a RPS 675 with 2 AC PSU fed and 3 DC feeds going out of the RPS to 3 switchws (3560's). I need to know the power consumpton of the RPS in order to know how much power is still available in the building. I've looked at the RPS Data Sheet...

Hi every body!A switch first decides the role( such as root port, designated port etc) before deciding whether to put a port in blocking or forwarding state. until such port role is decided, the port remains in blocking state.Let say we have a swit...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

(When running rstp) from "sh spanning tree" output , does anyone have a list to show the meaning of each of the "Type" i.e. P2p, edge peer, etc.I have searched for a definitive breakdown but so far nothign truly definitive. Thanks

visacemea by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all. I'm not sure my question is right addressed in "Network Infrastructure" channel, so please eventually redirect me to the right channel. Question: we want to know if the CiscoView 6.1.2 component of the CiscoWorks (LMS2.5) software support the...

g.popescu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I read (for BSCI exam)when each router receives the LSU and the entry already exists but the LSA have a higher sequence number the router adds the entry to its LSDB.My question is why router adds this LSA that already exists (it was duplicated), why ...

why when I'm use the 2960-24TT-L as bridge between primary switch and my PC take these actionblock my PC interface . until I,m use this command #no span-tree vlan 1 on the 2960note : the primary switch 3com

Is there a specific reason why i'm not able, in CLI or web interface, to manage any of the trunk ports 21st to 24th ? We're plugged to a IAP's router which is configured 10mb full and the port is giving me Half-duplex. I can't change it from Auto, i ...