Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have 1 3550 and 2 2950 switches connected using a GigaStack Cable using the below setup3550 (Gigastack to 2950-SW1 and 2950-SW2 using Port Gi0/2)2950-SW1 to 2950-SW2 using GigaStack(Ports Gi0/1 on both)I somehow cannot seem to configure a 802.1q...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I will be crazy, I read in (CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide, Fourth Edition) Page#64 the author said,"If the querier does not receive a reply from each of its neighbors, it repeats thequery as a unicast to each unresponsive neighbor un...

hi all, this may seem a very stupid question but i just cant do it. I was reading Unicast-Prefix-Based Multicast Addresses and under that i am confused on how to calculate plen ? this is the example given in cisco press deploying ipv6. Unicast Prefix...

Here is the deal. I am certain that this doesnt belong in this category, but i trust the security people more than anyone. I have a website that i cant access from a certain subinterface. I logged onto the guest VLAN and able to get to it. It has alw...

Guys,I will be implementing access-lists in 3560 switch. Hope you can help me with the configuration. I'm planning to block all ports by default and only allow ports that the user need to access. The ports will be as follows, tcp - 80, 81, 8080, 25, ...

helios999 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a network of around 200 Cisco devices including Routers, Switches wireless controllers.I want to do the health checkup for those devices. Any idea what should we check during the health checkup for the network devices.Here i want to mention t...

I am concerned about IPv6 traffic infiltrating my network before I'm ready to accept it. Do I need to configure an IPv6 ACL to deny any any IPv6 traffic if I'm only using IPv4? Can you have both an IPv4 and IPv6 ACL configured on the same interface?

kduckett by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Route Map

Please can somebody explain what this route map is doing to the statics with tag 7?Thank you in advance.router ospf 1 router-id 172.103.11.113 log-adjacency-changes redistribute static metric 1 subnets route-map OSPF_default passive-interface default...

Anyone know how to change a catos device password , telnet or enablepass via snmp if you know the community strings. Have been unable to find anything on the website and don't want to have to go thru the manual recovery process. Any webpages I ca...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a switch WS-C6509-E with supervisor 720 up and running. I inserted a new WS-X6748-SFP module on an empty slot (hot insertion) and after the online diagnostic I received the following error: "%PM_SCP-SP-3-TRANSCEIVER_DUPLICATE: Transceiver in L...

yuya25 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card