Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey guys I have some question regarding my routing vlan on stick,I setup VLAN 10,VLAN 11,VLAN 14, & VLAN 15, in cisco 1841 with local DNS 192.168.2.x in linux box, all VLAN's segment user can browse/surf the internet then I make additional VLAN 17 th...

Hi, I need to copy a half page long banner from Notepad and make it as my router login banner. On config t I do"banner login line".Then when I try to paste the text by doing "CTRL+V" on my keyboard, I get errors below. How can I correctly paste this ...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are replacing DHCP servers. Is there a rpocedure to make bulk ip helper-address changes on an IOS router? Or do we have to modify each Vlan individually? Thank you.

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Planning to implement the access for Catalyst switch using shh. FYI, current IOS version - Version 12.2(25)EWA8. does it support for ssh?what consideration is necessary once doing this?what version is not support of using ssh?Many thanks.-sam

sam_manay by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear allRunning 12.2(31)SGA4 on 4510R. ARP entries do not flush even when timout is configured (300s). no ip sticky-arp is also configured since i am using PVLANs.manually cleared entries do not re-appear.I have looked up known bugs but cannot see an...

Greetings,I have a new network project and I would like to have some input regarding vlans and network management.The network will consists of a series of 3560G switches connected via fiber uplinks. We will have multiple vlans to maintain separation ...

IM-Design by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a circular network loop using MST. The switches are connected via dual gigabit fiber in an etherchannel bundle.I had to re-run fiber connecting 2 of the switches, so I shut down the port-channel interface between them. Now that I have all of t...

I need to setup some trunks between some Cisco switches and 3com switches. Does anyone have any guides or anything that I need to pay attention to or gotchas on both sides. I wont be configuring the 3COM but it would be nice to be able to help out if...

kwillacey by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Has anyone ever come across this error message on a 2821 router during boot ?% Error opening nvram:/ifIndex-table No such file or directoryI can't seem to find anything in cco that explains this error message.Any advice appreciated.Thanks.

PAUL CHEN by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I would like to know how those command work? I am not sure of undersatnd the meaning of it.accept-lifetime 00:00:00 Jan 1 2009 23:59:59 Dec 31 2009send-lifetime send-lifetime 00:00:00 Jan 1 2009 23:59:59 Dec 31 2009Thanks Regards