Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is it a good idea to hardcode or force spanning-tree root in a campus environment? I have a campus made up of four buildins supported by a 4506 core and 21 2950/2960 switches. These switches are either directly connected to the 4506 or are in daisy c...

bberry by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hiwe have 6509-E switch and SUP-720-3B.s72033-ipservicesk9_wanmz.122-33.SXH3a.bin, this IOS does not support this module WS-X6066-SLB-APC but support IP SLA.WHEN we have changed this IOS to this IOSs72033-adventerprisek9_wan-vz.122-18.SXF15a.bin card...

vaibhav-g by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We currently deploy Cisco 3750 series switches and our clients are constantly requesting latency information on these. Can you please advise what the latency across the box is at different frame sizes. For example:64 byte packet256 byte packet1512...

sonisnr01 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body! I just want to confirm one thing.Does passive-interface tell the router not to send any routing protocol related packets on the specified interface or it also tell the router ignore the received routing protocol related packets on th...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I keep getting "packet with invalid source mac addr message" on one of my switches, on its portchannel interface..i checked the mac addr which the message gives out.But it couldnt be traced..doesnt show up in the mac/arp table..even tried looking for...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am serching a way to generate a trap when EIGRP adjacency is lost between two neighbors and the interfaces remain up. For instance, two EIGRP neighbors through an ISP lost their adjacency due a to a fiber cut in the ISP and the interfaces in the...

when i do a traceroute to an ip on a different subnet on my LAN from a switch it displays a bunch of question marks. i can reach the ip if i ping it.

ekuvinka by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Can anybody help me which is a better NMS when deployed in enterprise environment Solarwids or Cisco works LMS. Secondly does LMS works on WAN. Also please let me know does any of this NMS supports QoS monitoring. If not which NMS does this. Rega...

Hi,Can someone explain to me what these commands do? If the acl matches the traffic wil it mark the packets, even it is not for the route map?ip local policy route-map DSCProute-map DSCP permit 10match IP address ACLSet ip precedence networkThanksJ.