Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

This error occurs 8000 times about every two hours. We know it's an IP phone that gets stuck in discovery mode so we simply reboot the phone or remove the phone. Also, according to Cisco online, these errors waste cpu cycles. Our 4500 series has rebo...

jm7197afi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if there is an excel template that has basic router or switch configuration commands where all you do is type in the value or option then it exports into text or csv? I'm not interested in gui interfaces. see attached..It probably do...

bmckean by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When is Poison Reverse used?By default I thought in Cisco routers the implemented split horizon is with poison reverse.So I expected to see that after R2 receives from R1 a route with a certain metric M1, the R2 would advertise back to R1 the same ro...

Resolved! OSPF Error

Hi,I get error "OSPF detected duplicate router-id" to resolve the issue I changed the router-id to 1.1.2.2 and ospf process started working. Question : How to check on network which device uses the same router-idWhat is the best practise of having th...

Hello:I'm currently running "auto qos voip cisco-phone" on access ports to trust markings from Cisco phones. I also want do some marking on the data Vlan for those ports, and was wondering if I can do VLAN-based QoS for the data traffic, while runnin...

s-daly by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can someone please tell me the config commands to set up ether channeling between 2 multimode fiber connection on a cisco switch. when i initial configured and plugged in my fiber there was traffic then it stopped and the ports shut down. no link lig...

ramonat by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a layer 3 switch with two routers connected to it. When I trace from one WAN site to another through this switch I hit vlan 31 and just stop. I can get on the switch and trace to the 10.175.0.0/24 network but from our other WAN connection I ca...

anthonymd by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,I am trying to upgrade the IOS of 3750 Switch stack. I can upgrade the master, but the upgrade doesn't replicate to the other switches on the stack, and the switches start sending mismatch messages.Any idea on how I can accomplished th...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card