Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

All,I know this might seem very novice but here goes. If I have a Windows 2003 server acting as a DHCP server with 2 different scopes (1 for computers, 1 for IP phones) and the phones and computers are on different VLANS how do I get the phones to p...

HiIn a documentation about cisco hp interoperatibility it's explained that that versions of IOS implementing the Compliant IEEE 802.1s starts with: 12.2(18) for Catalyst 6500. But when I read the ios release notes the supervisor engine 1 is not menti...

Does anybody here has experience with Nexus 7018? We are planning to get one for our data center. It will be our core and distribution. I was told that this box is so powerful, I don't need to have a separate distribution to our core. We currently ha...

bauti1428 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,i have a problem here , a switch was running and everything was ok the suddenly the system light went orange,when i log on the switch using console i have this messege:" the switch is not Usable"i attached the show tech file to my mess. can any...

dina.ihab by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I need to undo a VSS and i have a doubt about the process, somebody has did it this before?if I run:1 .- in current active switch (switch1)convert standalone mode switch configuration related VSL and modules related to the switch 2 is deleted?2...

sdurn by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I realise that Catalyst 6500 has a prestandard MSTP support. But I need MSTP IEEE 802.1 compliant.Apparently this support exits since IOS Release 12.2(18)sxf. But.... Wath image is necessary for having MSTP compliant IEEE 802.1s on a Catalyst usi...

I have my Cisco 4507R switch in the ROM mon mode & the config-register value is seen to be some junk value. I tried executing the commandconfreg 0x2102. This doesn't work.I get the below options:ommon 5 >confreg Configuration Summary : => load rom a...

Hi,Customer is configuring udld aggressive mode with Cat6509E/WS-X6724-SFP.Is UDLD processed with hardware(asic)? or software(CPU use)?Regards,

r.ogawa by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

getting error on adding route pls. guidenetwork to route 172.0.0.0/17TTT(config)#ip route 172.0.0.0 255.255.108.0 192.168.5.98%Inconsistent address and mask

Hi,Anybody knows about a Cisco document with recommendations about the quantity of E1's supported on Cisco 3825 and 3845?With no voice, only data.Besides, do you know how many E1's can be used in balanced mode inside a Cisco 3825/3845 router?Thanks i...

Hi,Is it possible for the data usage to exceed the physical rate of the interface or the rate capped by the upstream provider?Reason being, we hav a 4 Mbps mpls link between 2 of our sites on a serial interface,when we view the application usage on N...