Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello;We have following modules that were recently used in a 6509 chassis(not E series). Now we will buy a 6506-E chassis to plug these modules in. Are Sup2 and 6506-E chassis compatible?Catalyst 6000 supervisor 2 (Active) WS-X6K-SUP2-2GEPure SFM-...

yatisspor by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'll connect my two sites using two links. Each link will terminate on my two 2801 CISCO Routers. These links will be fastethernet. Please check the attachemtI'd like to use the HSRP on site 01, but if one link goes down, the router will not reali...

Hello,Let me throw in this question,i have this 3845 router that is still fairly new and it having fan problems-i thought it was clogged up by dust so i went blowing all the dust out of it but this fan problems just keep coming,how can i resolve this...

I have the following:Port 27 (GigabitEthernet1/0/27) of VLAN0001 is forwarding Port path cost 4, Port priority 128, Port Identifier 128.27. Designated root has priority 24577, address 0013.1922.ea00 Designated bridge has priority 24577, address...

Dont understand this behavior...See attachment.Sh ver shows system IOS file as System image file is "flash:c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1d.bin"sh boot shows:BOOT path-list : flash:c3750-i5-mz.121-19.EA1d.binBut I cant find that file for my life.......ev...

lamav by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HELP I'm a ccna student!!1.What is exactly a native VLAN & what scenarios does it get applied in; in context of IEEE 802.1Q. Whats its function?2.what does the output "SHOW INT TRUNK" show; when VLAN Trunking Protocol pruned?3.as a ccna i'm expctd t...

aqusingh7 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Remote site connected to Head Office over MPLS Link (Primary)Remote site connected to Head Office over DSL/VPN to ASA5520 (Backup)Remote router: Cisco 2821Exchange Server: Win 2003 Problem:When MPLS link on remote router (2821) drops and the DSL/VPN ...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Are there any disadvantages of using GLBP over HSRP. Presently we use HSRP in our core switches but I would like to load-balance the vlan usage across each switch core more effectivley using GLBP.

Dear sir,i have a isdn bri backup line for my leased line,to check whether the backup is working or not, I removed the backup bri isdn from the router and for a few minutes the bri is working after the router gets hanging, then automatically reboots,...

prem_2305 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes