Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi to all, I would like to know if the FIBER & UTP (Catalyst 3560 Fiber SFP & 1000Base-T SFP) connection can be configured as GIGA ETHERCHANNEL? Hope you could help me on this!!!Regards,Raymond

Need to assign ip address to our new offices.plan as below1.head office2.data center-production and DR3.branch offices-94.contact centereach office wil have at max 50 users to start with.datacenters host webservers in DMZ and internal servers.also we...

I'm having doubt about a config that I'm not sure of...I always tought that spanning-tree portfast sould be use on port that connect host (access)Do you know why I would have this commandspanning-tree portfast trunk on a interace connecting 2 switch?...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a couple of 2600 series routers and in my lab I want to test a routing protocol setup so I don't have to add static routes.What is the best one to test with? I know there is the common RIP, but is this best?

I pulled four ethernet cables between two offices to tie in new office space. I have a Cisco PoE 3560 and a 2950 switch in the new office, and the same in the main office. The 3560s are for VoIP and the 2950s are for data.Currently, only a single c...

kerryjcox by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I am new to OSPF.Can somebody tell me how OSPF multiple area concept works. As per the theory, multiple areas wont be having identical database. Each area will have a locally significant database giving more importance for local area networks....

nik876159 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I try to change the standard telnet port 23 to other one, for example to the 9023.As a work aound, I have use an ACL to deny the port 23 on WAN Interface and a port over rotary command on line vt 0- 15. Is it posible to change the telnet port 23 nr. ...