Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I have a Cisco 2960, Version 12.2(25)SEE.Each interface is in trunk mode: a ip-phone (alcatel) and a PC are connected to each interface. And DATA and VOICE are in two different VLAN.It works fine.However, I notice today that when I sniff, with...

huynhkhay by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is this a command that is normally used? I see it on my two core switches but not on the core switches at my other two sites. I understand that it is used for an interface that does not participate in eigrp but its network is advertised. Is this comm...

zzbronski by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am getting an error as below in Cisco 4006 switch and not able to ping any PC's connected to switch.2008 Aug 27 02:55:26 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Tag 29 on packet from 00:04:4d:f2:9d:09 port 3/2, but port's native vlan is 1Is this message mere a warning o...

Hi all, when doing traffic shaping, if I have a dedicated box for this in front of my wan link then I set say max bandwidth 2 megabits, then dedicate 20% of that for http traffic, does the box need to do anything before the max bandwidth is reached? ...

Hello ,when installed a NM-16ESW module on cisco 3745 router ,the ports are considered switch ports ,because i got a msg:"% IP addresses may not be configured on L2 links." when i tried to give IP address for an interface on the module.so , i created...

amino1982 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There;Can I use the same layer three switch to act as both a slave to 'get' NTP time from a NTP source and then as a 'master server' to distribute the time it has received from the NTP source to other devices on the network?Regards

austindaz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are running OSPF routing protocol and we want to dvertise only the two summarize routes 10.8.0.0/16 and 10.4.0.0/16 on our perimeter devices(cisco routers) which are connected to our collabarative network.Is it possible to advertise two sumarize r...

azmath.hk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone explain to me what 'vlan dot1q tag native' does? and what the native vlan is and how it relates to trunking? i ran into a problem earlier today and was able to fix it by using that command.... not sure if that is the right way or what i r...

mattesong by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a few questions regarding CDP.Is it common practice to disable CDP on access ports?I am seeing CDP entries in Wireshark for the network I am connected to (Cisco_0a:ff:96 CDP/VTP/DTP/PAgP/UDLD). When I drill down into the packet, speci...

I just received new SUP720 blade to replace bad one and this new one has new IOS on it. When I push the new on in the IOS did not synch with the old one (active). I can not copy the IOS image since it is located at sup-bootfash of the active one. The...

MachadoGB by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have removed a 16 port line card from a 6509 with sup720's. I do not intend to replace this card, how do I remove the interfaces from the config?

hi, i wish know about this output? Error Msg: SysAD Parity Error Exception occurred Mistral: int_stat: 0000000000000000 int_src_stat: 0000000000000000 int_src_stat10: 0000000000000000 EPC: 20AE0D6C Traceback: 20AEA1...