Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, My question is what are the most common causes of routing flaps in IGP protocols, (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS) ? I know the question is very general but what I am looking for is say the top 3 causes of flaps on IGPs. The issues that come across for ...

I have a barrracuda web filter, The LAN port of the Barracuda is connected to a switch and the WAN port of the Barracuda is connected to a 2811 router. The WAN port of the Barracuda is connected to 1 of the HWIC-4ESW port and I also have a DSL modem...

keyyo0200 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We are having the 3750-stacked switch & it needs to be upgraded.Our problem, if something goes wrong while upgrading what is the procedure for reverting it.Or is it possible to break the stack & then upgrade & after upgrade & again put them ...

navin_rk3 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 6 catalyst 4500 switches working as routers where one of them is considered as the active HSRP router and the root bridge for spanning tree. We faced slowliness in the network last week for half an hour where things get back to normal after t...

batouqmaa by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I'm designing a new site for my employer and this is the first time I've been asked to do so since my predecessor left. They are aware of my skills but I'm unsure about 2 things and was wondering if you experts could help me?1. The new site ...

d.hodgson by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Is there a way to figure the total amount of traffic that is passing through a 6500? I have a switch that is serving as a collapsed backbone w/ about 35 VLAN's defined on it. I am preparing to install NAC but may have to install it in-ban...

pstuder by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if it's possible to access and/or configure the four 10/100 ports on a SOHO 91 router? IOS shows only E0 and E1 interfaces. I'm trying to see if there is some way to force one of the 10/100 LAN ports to 10 MB/s fixed.However, it lo...

mikez by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need help tyo creat a port-channel for two fiber ports on a C2960G.interface GigabitEthernet0/47 description Fiber to SKAP A switchport mode trunk udld port!interface GigabitEthernet0/48 description Fiber to SKAP A switchport mode trunk udld por...

Is it possible to have some sort of DHCP MAC address filter? Lets say someone connects a laptop to the network and the MAC address isn't in a allowed mac address list. So the DHCP server won't hand out an IP. I've been searching for an easy solution ...

Is this possible that I can route traffic of a specific vlan through a specific route.Is this possible through static or for this I have to use PBR or is there any other method available. Thankx Jagdev

Hey,Going through a design effort on a new very large enterprise/provider hi-bred network. When reviewing various documents such as 'High Availability Campus Network Design-Routed Access Layer...' and 'IP Multicast Best Practices for Enterprise Custo...

mprescher by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes