Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two 7200 VXR series routers and am wanting to connect up the serial interfaces to each other in my lab.Does anyone know off hand if the back to back cables work with the DB60 ports. Everywhere I go to order some of these cables list the 3400 a...

chadisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Someone deleted the IOS off the switch and power cycled the switch. Now it comes up with the prompt switch: and when I do a dir flash: it does not have an IOS image. How can I copy a image through the console? or can I?Mike

burleyman by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,What are the criterias when choosing a core switch? For example, in the Cisco product pages - the Catalyst 4500 and 6500 are already distribution/core switches while the Catalyst 3750 are access/edge switches. Can I make a stack of Catalyst 3750 ...

hi every body!I just want to know if:we have one switch and we connect fo/1 of the switch to f0/2 of the same switch,assuming stp is enabled,Will f0/1 would be designated port or rootport?thanks a lot !

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi these, sorry for couple stupid questins, i'm some kind of newbie, so lets begin :)few days in a row i tried to configure it to use it a a router with a nat function, i almost done it, but someone adviced to me to install SDM software to configure ...

Hello,I'm doing backups of data contained in my windows 2k3 server SP2 standard to a NAS disk (Iomega Storcenter of 500 GB) using samba.I'm connecting to a resource of the NAS to a drive letter.I use a program for compressing data and then the same p...

Hello !!Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this strange problem I am having here.I have two identical 6509 with the Sup 720-10G-3C and I tried to configured a basic VSS between both of them like the following"Not Working Switchswitch virtual d...

Please refer the attachment.Location X , Y , Z & central are all running EIGRP. Location X has got a new DS3 link. All traffic from X, Y & Z will traverse to Central via this DS3 link.I would want the traffic from X, Y & "A" in location z to have th...

HI, I would like to get expert consult whether ADSL line (do not have fix IP)can work together 3560 (as L3 routing) to establish an office LAN with few difference Vlan?Currently my physical connection is Phone line->ADSL modem->ADSL Router-> Cisco 35...

Wlewx11 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I've a new site to design and I hope you don't mind me asking for some help?The new site will be connected to an existing site via a 100Mb Microwave link. IP Phones will be used at the new site and will connect to the pbx at the old site.No ...

d.hodgson by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes