Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 3560 switch and I am getting the following error. Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:1f:c9:96:60:80Xmodem file system is available.The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.Initializing Flash...flashfs[0]: 452 files, 6 directoriesflashfs[0]: 0 o...

Hello, Very basic question..which is throwing me off. We never use this in Production environment. But when we have an access-list like followingaccess-list 1 permit 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255This means..we are allowing any host ( 0.0.0.0) and what ...

Cisco:We upgraded one of our layer 3 switch.Dual sup slot 5 and 6. Basically, we upgraded the IOS by copying the IOS to sup-bootflash and changing the boot param. My question is, is there anything special we have to do to get the standby sup or does ...

I am looking for a way to add an extra ethernet port on my 2610. What i have read is making me wonder if the only way to do this would be the NM-1E or NM-4E. Are there any other modules or WICs that would give me an fast/ethernet port?Thanks,Kyle

Resolved! Access-list

Hello, Very basic question..which is throwing me off. We never use this in Production environment. But when we have an access-list like followingaccess-list 1 permit 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255This means..we are allowing any host ( 0.0.0.0) and what ...

Hello,Here is the situation: I have a 2850ISR with 12.4XW5 software. The router is doing PAT to the Internet and a wireless bridge. I connect via wireless with on a Macbook with iChat. I fire up the SIP based audio and video collaboration. I can...

sweigle by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I am using Cisco's HA network design. My one question in the design is; in the distribution why have they configured a loopback and lableled it "Garbage-CAN RP" and then labeled another RP as Good-IPMC? I have never used a loopback in my multicas...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VPN

DearI want to know how can i create new vpn in new switch and also what is the difference between vlan and vpn.Can i create vpn in only L3 or L2.There is possibility to create vpn in L2 swithces.

upendra07 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I'm after, if it exists, a CatOS command that replicates the 'show interface' which displays the tx and rx load on a port, be it x/255 or y% (as per the sho int command in IOS). ThanksBernie

how do I Place all unused ports in a parking vlan,wich is dedicated to grouping unused ports until they are proactively placed into service . This is part of Switch security .. I know I can execute the shut command and that should do it , but I neede...

Hi to all.Maybe someone can suggest me the tunning to do for my problem.I have 2 cisco routers with a 10Mb/s-full duplex WAN connection each.If I do an FTP between from a PC on site 1 to a pc on site 2 I reach 9.8Mb/s.Great!!!!If I transfer the same ...

freccetta by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes