Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is there a way to overwrite the running config with a new config. I have a new config in text which I want to use for a router which already has a bunch of crap on it. I cant tftp into it so I need another way of doing this. I tried copy pasting the ...

Hi,I have a 2924XL switch with IOS: 12.0(5)WC9a. It is not letting em make 2Vlan interfaces active at a a timwe. If inter Vla1 active then, other Vlan have to 'shudown'. Is this limitation of switch or IOS..?Please suggest.Thank youMS

Hi All, I have a test router and am receiving the following error message (I included the Cisco explanation):"%C3800_ENVM-3-MFAIL_OFF : There is more than one failure with the Power System [dec] or this Power System has been turned off. Explanation ...

Hi guys,I'm not too sure but I have a 48-port Catalyst 3550 Series switch and I need to know if this switch is a Layer 3 switch?When I do a sh ver, one of the things it says is "Running Layer2/3 Switching Image"thanks in advance

insccisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ladies and Gents; I need your help with an easy issue but I can't seem to figure it out. To keep things simple, I am going to just keep it to three devices: I have a 2630 router connects to a Catalyst 3550 Multilayer Switch and I have a laptop con...

jfrancois by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, we've recently purchased a sup-32 module for a 6500. For some reason, they sent us one with CATOS. I need to convert it to IOS. I have the IOS file I need, I just haven't found any good documentation on how to do it. Can you help me out? I ...

dhopper82 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I would like to know what is the QoS scheduling/queueing mechanism when traffic goes through an Etherchannel circuit between access to distribution and distribution to core layers. Regards, Jose Reyna

j.reyna by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,It seems that every other day a different port on my 3750 24 port switch stops functioning. I will remove the attached device and put it on another switch. I tested all the bad ports a few days after their devices were removed, and they seem ...

jbarnes by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have a new 4510R that needs to have the failover configured from one SE to the other SE. We've setup the trunk ports on the active supervisor on Gi1/1 - 1/2 and need to set this up on Gi2/1 - 2/2 not sure where to begin. What are the options...

How do you configure BPDU guard on CatOS ? It looks to be set up in our switches right but it works for one switch and not the other.In the one switch this line is enabled:Code:set spantree global-default bpdu-guard enableand under the module it says...

I had two Cat. 3750 switches that I needed to perform the password recovery on. I used the guide from Cisco listed below. The first switch went as expected without any issues. However, I ran into an issue with the second switch. At step 10. where ...

Resolved! BGP 2 exit points

Hi all, i have an AS that contains 2 exit points to other AS, they are Exit1 and Exit2. they both are connected to a router named Core inside their AS. Core router is then connected to 4 other routers named R1, R2, R3, R4 respectively. Now i want suc...

Hi,I am getting the following errors on 2900 switch. There are no VLAN's created on the switches. Please help.Encountered incorrect VLAN timer active value: already active when started

drnteam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card