Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Gurus,Can somebody guide me for analysing the Switch/ Router Crash info analysing tool. Output interepter is not good enough to find clues. Please help.Regardskaruna

hi all, i have created the attached diagram in a lab and all is working fine, i can ping all networks (all loopbacks from each router) however there is a small quetion i would like some help. when i ping from any router e.g if i ping from R5 ro lo3 o...

SOL10 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just installed a new Cisco 6509 switch and I have 2 VLANs:VLAN 2VLAN 3I setup 2 interfaces on it:int vlan 2ip address 192.168.6.4int vlan 3ip address 192.168.7.1I verified they're in no shutdown mode. I can ping both ip addresses when logged ...

gflorescu by Level 1
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We configured cross-stack channels from 3750s to two 6509s so the choice is to use static configuration (channel-group mode ON), or LACP (channel-group mode ACTIVE). Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of using either of them?

hcombee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to migrate a P2P serial interface from a 3640 router to a 3845 router but noticed that interface is down.The config is shown below.interface Serial0/1----2811 router description ip address x.x.x.1 255.255.255.252 encapsulation pppinterfa...

Hi,I have a 3750G-E switch. When I tried configuring a DHCP server within the switch, it was not giving out ip addresses on all the ports. So, I tried configuring the ports to use VLAN 1, and it is now working. My question is that, is there any way t...

ninoy_lim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we've got the problem wiht our 6500 SUP720B - the Netflow table (the hardware Netflow table on PFC) is too small, it's getting full in 1-2 seconds, for 720XL it's getting full in 3-5 seconds, but the smallest export time is 8 second (normal age ti...

Hi all, can routers route multicast ? is this done by default and if so is it easy to set up ?also if you do route it do you use a routing protocol or static ?

tcp

Hi all, with tcp, say im using an ethernet card with 1500 bytes mtu, am I right in saying if an ip packet exceeds this, tcp will recognise it and perform segmentation ?