Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

tcp

Hi all, with tcp, say im using an ethernet card with 1500 bytes mtu, am I right in saying if an ip packet exceeds this, tcp will recognise it and perform segmentation ?

have two cisco 4507 Switches one is acting as VTP server and switch 2 is client. Both switch are trunk and i have confiugred the layer 2 Ether Channel on these two trunks. I have around 7 vlans on switches and for each vlan i made a SVI and also con...

I have a small hurdle to get over, hopefully one of you can assist.brief overview:2 sites; 1 main office 1 remote sitemain office:cisco 1801 adsl POTSWindows 2003 sbsinternal - 192.168.1.xexternal interface - 192.168.3.xremote branch:cisco 857 adsl P...

Hi all,I am curious about a simple thing :) Lets say we got two routers connected through a hub. Attached is a simple topology. Say Router 1 has two static route entries. First pointing out to Router 2 and second to router 3. when router 2 gets disco...

Resolved! 831 ROMMON Upgrade

Hi,I have a few Cisco 831's that I am trying to upgrade the memory on. Most of them have the ROMMON version 12.2(11r)YV3. I have no issues upgrading the memory on these models.Then there are some with ROMMON version 12.2(8r)YN which is giving me nigh...

mskhalsa by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I am in the process of connecting two switches together. One happens to be a cisco layer 3 switch while the other is an HP procurve layer 3 switch. Right now there are 8 ports on our HP switch that are set in the 172. vlan, however, there p...

Hi all, is there a reason we cannot load balance to 2 difference switches at layer 2, is it because a mac address can only exsist on 1 trunk port on a switch ? how come layer 3 does not mind load balancing buy layer 2 does ?

My question relates to a Cisco 6009 running CatOS 7.6(10) with spantree PVST+. I want to migrate a non-trunk port to a 802.1q trunk port keeping the original VLAN as the native VLAN. Vonnected to the port is a Nokia IP350 that supports 802.1q trunkin...

Hello People,We have a router, getting a 100 mg feed, which are mulitcast traffic. When I check the interface, input queue size is 0, and it never builds up, but time to time it just drops packets and "drops" counter goes up. Input queue: 0/4096/...

jinmo1978 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all I got this notification in my swiching network at all uplink port .my all uplink are Trunk port and VTP client mode ."Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) reply messages dropped for non-existing or disconnected devices on this interface"...