Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a Switch that keeps giving me the following error messages: Message: Interface down : ifIndex: 3, ifDescr: FastEthernet0/2, ifType: 6, .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.20.3: down Device: 274-g.rgv-nt.localCategory: SwitchError Condition: CriticalGenerat...

dukeminus by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Shutdown VLAN 1?

I have a layer 3 network where we must have Vlan 1 running for a vendors equipment. Outside of the layer 3 routing switch, can I shutdown the Vlan 1 interface on other switches and still have ports on that switch using Vlan1 in access mode?Thanks!

IOS

Hello AllHow to install new IOS version in router through console without connecting with ethernet or any other port.Kindly advise

adnan.dhl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have a question pertaining to switching and VLANs. Our current setup at work is a core HP procurve switch that is broken into 4 vlans. We have lab, corp, user and server. We just expanded offices and now we have a need for a switch in the...

Dear sir,Kindly let us know there is any router which will support the data rates of 33.6 kbps and 44.8 kbps at the earliest.plz give me the data sheetRegardssrini

Resolved! EIGRP nei bounce

Hi all,i ahve question here.I got alert for Router down.it was back up after 7mins.i check the logs they were clean.no circuit no Nei bounce.when i did sh ip eigrp nei it shows nei is uptime from last 5 mins.During alert i was unable to ping the rou...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking for examples of multicasts to be illustrated by watching packet traffic through a sniffer. If someone has a simple idea for what scenario would show such packets, I would appreciate hearing them.Thanks!

ocicat002 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,I am trying to change the 6704 modules(with DFC) of my CAT6509 and ran into some problems. when i introduce the modules in the 6509, the SUP shuts down and i get pwrdown on the module interface. when i insert the same into the 6509-E, it ...

Hi,I have 2 Nos Cisco 4510R-E and each switch is equipped with a blade WS-X4548-GB-RJ45.Now I have 5 Nos of SUN back up servers ,each server will have 8 NIC cards,from server 4 NIC will be bonded and connect to first Cisco 4510R-E switch and other 4 ...

Lavanholy by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019e74e.shtml#maintask1I was reading over the howto at the above link, and I got hung up on step 6. Are they talking about a default gateway/gateway of last resor...