Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to figure out how to make my LAN redundant as possible. I am struggling with how to make my routers redundant. Money is not an issue as this point so I have options of purchasing more equipment as necessary. The biggest concern is our ...

A port connected on my 6500 connected to a 3750 has lots of errors. Here is the output from a show interface:GigabitEthernet1/7 is up, line protocol is up (connected) Hardware is C6k 1000Mb 802.3, address is 0011.938a.6032 (bia 0011.938a.6032) Des...

ursshared by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have experienced slow telnet sessions (slow responses, some commands just hanging) to one of our 6509s for several months now. The interface I connect in on is very lightly loaded and there are no obvious memory or cpu issues (from basic percent ...

PDEdwards by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been tasked to set up a VPN in the event that our MPLS connections go down. I have 4 sites all with ASAs. Can someone assist me with this? There are many factors at play here but I guess the first thing I need to understand is failover from a ...

HiI have trunk ports on 3x 3560 switch connected to 10 cisco Aironet 1240G, and about 200 dhcp clients on the wireless network, what would be the best value to set for ip dhcp snooping limit rate x <-- (this value)?

Hi all, i have 4 vlans, 1 2 3 4.. and there is another vlan 5 which contains 3 servers in it, switch that i am using is 2950, now my objective is, when first requset comes from any vlan, it should be forwarded to Server1, second should be to Server2,...

Can we configure Ether Channeling ( PAGP/LACP ) with in one single switch's multiple interfaces?I believe it is about forming channeling between switches.Also please let me know the difference in between PAGP/LACP ( apart from PAGP is a cisco proprie...

My question is, i am applying service policy on vlan interface for output, it gives me this error.priority command is not supported in output direction for this interfaceConfiguration failedHere is the configuration i am usingclass-map match-any Sign...

Hi all, can anyone answer me this question, when a packet travels from my fast ethernet network, then goes over say my wan link that uses ppp, what happens to the frame, as ppp is layer 2 same as ethernet, does the frame get converted to ppp ?

Hello,There is a big problem here.I have customer who want all the users to do remote desktop connection on to their local pcs on their LAN from home. The customer has only one public IP adress which has been used to make remote connection to the te...

Tarek by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question regarding the usage of VeryBig buffers (1525 - 4520 bytes).Configuration:2970 ----Cat5e 1Gbps---- 3550 ----GigaStack 1Gbps---- 3550See Visio attachment.On both the 3550 switches I receive a high amount of Very Big buffer misses (25%...

Trying to identify best commands to use to identify errors/issues with certain ports. Own wan guys currently use solarwinds for monitoring and have a switch that 495 huge buffer misses today and am trying to identify how to start isolating where the...