Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have several 2960's and a 3750. Currently I have created several VLAN's, and the 3750 is configured for intervlan routing. I would like to use the 3750 for DHCP. How can I create multiple pools and ensure ip addresses are allocated to the right ...

After installation of '2960G 48 ports' all machines with 100Mbit cards had big problems to transfer data over the network. Servers and desktops/laptops are on the same switch. I tried all possible variants of connections on both sides auto/100/half/...

IOS 12.2(25)EWA, Config Guide page 33-4: "You cannot apply more than one IP access list and one MAC address list to a layer2 interface."Does it really mean this, or does it mean one in each direction? If I put an ip access-group XYZ in and an ip acc...

Hi,Network newbie here!What is the maximum number of segments I can have on a 100BaseTX network?I would like to network call entry devices for elevators in a high rise building. There would be a maximum of say of 8 call entry devices per floor but t...

Hello,I have attached the diagram of the setup as it is and will write a sample of the config on each Vlan. I am running GLBP and seem to get a duplicate IP issue which is puzzling?? All ports are trunked from the two 6500's to the 4948's. The fiber ...

Hello everyone,I have 2 types of switches WS-C3524-XL-EN and WS-C3550-48-SMI. I am looking to update the IOS on the switches but I am a bit confused on which software to choose. Can someone lend a helping hand or point me in the right direction. Th...

Hi All,On cisco website I found this info:The WS-X4418-GB Gigabit Ethernet switching module offers two dedicated 1000BASE-X (GBIC) ports (ports 1 and 2) and 16 oversubscribed (possibly blocking) 1000BASE-X (GBIC) Gigabit Ethernet ports.Ports 1 and 2 ...

In my practice i realized that setting clocks always change to "a dead old time of 1993 i think this was the factory default" whenever i restart the router, even though the new "clock set" is saved to "startup"Can anyone please help as to why this is...

Hi,I want to configure the Layer 3 design between the access switches to the distribution switches "routed port". I read alot of documents that recommend this design instead of L2 & STPs loops.My question is that i have wireless controller with LWAPs...

We have 2 core switches with a lot of gigabit uplinks to other switches. Now there have been discarded frame reports on a lot of these gigabit interfaces.How can I accurately troubleshoot this and also to resolve this issue?Thanks

qwertys21 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, further to my questions, can anyone one tell me if put my phone say on vlan 10 and my pc in vlan 5, the pc plugs into the phone and then phone to switch, in this scenario are both pc and phone tagged ? and when we say tag, does that mean eith...

We currently have our coporate office running in Class "C" address space (253 hosts)and are just about out of addresses. We use a combination of 3750 and 3550 switches in our server room. Currently around 150 PCs, 50 Servers and 50 other devices (pr...