Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm having trouble with an out-of-the-box 851 that I simply want to configure for a stub network to the world.Its fast4 is on the 132.239.x.x network, plugged into a 132.239.x.x switch, and machines in the 132.239. world can ping that interface. It...

jdigjudy by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2821 running c2800nm-securityk9-mz.124-3f.bin with two vwic2-2mtf-t1/e1 with a multilink (3 t1) bundle. Yesterday it started dropping internet packets and then crashed hard. I do not have any dump. Does anyone know of any hardware or soft...

sarcher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 4503 vlan design

Ok, this is alot of info attached. Not that I want a person to show me step by step on what to do. I would just like some of the questions answered. This switch was configured before I came on board. I guess I want to make sure this is a good desig...

Hi all, I was reading some info on eigrp with the auto summary command switched on, If I have say 5 routers say on 10.1/16 10.2/16 10.3/16 10.4/16 and 10.5/16 each connected via an ethernet port in the 192.168.1.0/30 range, will they see each other w...

Hello,we've following situation- switch A is third party unmanaged switch- switch B is Catalyst 2950 or 2960- switch C is Catalyst 2950 acting as "Service Provider Egde"Switch A is connected to access port of switch B (configured with portfast), swit...

jan.klicka by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Got a good one for you, a customer has atonomous AP's here in a Wireless VLAN, 491 to be exact. Now the controller is all setup and the LWAAP AP's land and all is happy. Customer has a an access-list on the Wireless VLAN, no, with the access-list re...

Hi:I have diferents VLANS interconnected trough a 6506 and an ASA5520 (for the DMZ).In a DMZ VLAN port of a 3560 I have a machine that hasn't got Gateway. The IP default-gateway is for the rest VLAN's in the inside.What can I do to connect this machi...

ehuarte by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Occasionally some of my 2940's or 2950's will become unmanageable. That is layer 2 traffic passes through it but I can no longer telnet, ping, or anything the switch itself. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought it was maybe a memory issue.

mraful by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I notice that the TOS bits are in the same spot in the "tos byte" that the DSCP bits are in....how does the router differentiate between TOS vs DSCP being set? Is there a bit somewhere in the packet that makes the router decide that the first 3 b...

lgontarsk by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are having CSS11500 load balancer used to monitor services on two servers on one particular application port. We are using following configuration to moniter these services on these two servers.ip addrss Server_IP_AdressPort Port_Number_tobe_M...