Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone know if there are significant bugs with IOS release 12.2(25)EWA7 and Spanning-tree protocol?I am having problems with loops and have ruled out most other possibilites.Thanks.

we're creating an etherchannel between the two 10GE ports on the 6509's and I was wandering if there were a conclusive way to verify that the Layer 2 was working between these switches? I was thinking of may be pulling the cable off one of the switch...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Community, I am new to the Cisco world and I need a few tips and go to places. I have been trying to figure this out on my own and after one week of clicking around I need help.I bought a ASA 5505 recently from newegg.com. Comes with ASA versio...

Dear All, I would like to know whether the host can reach L3 switch in the below scenarioa.L3 ---- Trunk Link ---- L2--- host L3 config :Int valn 4 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0int g0/1switchport mode trunkL2 config:int vlan 1ip adddress 10.10....

smothuku by Level 7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi We are trying to extend our server farm infastructure with Cisco 6509e's running IOS. Current server farm switches are 6509's with CatOS. The switches are all connected together, with all the VLANs being trunked. Currently the catOS switches are t...

daakhu by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco Simulator

Looking for top notch network simulator that will support 6509's, 2950's, 2940's 3750's and 3560's. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Hi all, can anyone tell me if I have a 2 ports on a switch, the ports are both in a voice vlan 10, and default vlan 1 which is untagged, my question is if i plug say a pc into the ports, will they see each other, and then if i remove the pc and plug ...

Resolved! Access Lists

Hello All:I really am not that good at access and need to restrict all traffic to 10.0.5.x network with the exception of 5 pc's who need full access. I know you create access-list whatever but I get a little confused about in out etc.Can anyone provi...

js358 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2511 with an octal cable attached to the Async 1-8 port. Config is listed below: sh run Building configuration... Current configuration: ! version 11.2 no service password-encryption no service udp-small-servers no service tcp-small-servers ...