Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi guyshere is my senariolan1<-->switch 2960<-->switch 3550<--> switch 2950<-->LAN2i want my 2950 switch , monitor an interface of my 2960 switch..note : that my uplink to each swtich is trunk with 802.1q regards

emadehsan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My 4948 box cannot get past rommon. When Iissue a reset command I get the following:filesystem version 0x10001 is not supported********************** Device Internal Flash Memory needs to be formatted with a newer version of IOSim...

I have problem with this module on my 6506 chassi,the 6506 doesen't recognize WS-X6548-GE-TX.the sup on this chassi is WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE and other modules are: slot1: WS-X6K-SUP2-2GEslot2: Emptyslot3: WS-X6516-GBICslot4: WS-X6516-GBICslot5: WS-X6548-GE...

y.heidary by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can someone explain to me how dynamic vlans function on a stack of 3750s? i currently have dell equipment and the vlan assignments time out after 5 minutes and default to native setting. supposedly, the switch will see activity when a computer is in...

Hi there,due to some Exchange server problems we've been having I've been asked to replace all the ethernet cables (UTP Cat 5e) that connect the servers to the switch (Cisco 6509). Each server has 2 NICs and each one of these connections to the switc...

Hello,I have faced strange problem recently. In arp table of active hsrp router (cisco WS-C6509-E (R7000)) there was unknown mac-address found(which was overwriting mac-address of the firewall within the vlan). On the standby router everything was ok...

We recently tried to replace a supervisor engine in our 6509. We are running IOS and from rommon, we selected the boot helper file instead of the image file to boot and now when we power it up all we get is an E and backwards r and that is far as it...

Resolved! acl

hi! if i add in a permit ip any any command at the bottom of a list of permit acl command on top, will the final result still be deny all for those ip not in the permit list on top of the permit ip any any command?

dkblee by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,May or may not be a simple question - I'm helping someone setup a network with a 3750 and a NME-16ES-1G-P card. It took me a while to get my head around the fact the card was the router and not the actual router... anyway...We have put Windows 200...

edw by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have set up and Unix NTP server to synchronise with internet time servers and put the Unix server as ntp server on cisco boxes. Cisco devices are in 10.20.33.0 255.255.252.0 subnet NTP server is in 10.20.32.0 255.255.252.0 subnetAt the moment c...

Hi allwhen a pc needs to talk to another one on a lan, how does the arp broadcast work, is ip involved at all ? as on my packet sniffer is says "arp broadcast who is x.x.x.x tell x.x.x.x ? does it need to talk via ip first ?cheersCarl

Hi all,Looking for some assitance here, as I have an issue that's driving me nuts.We have a campus network with a 4506 as the core with OM3 fibre links to dual distribution switches (one on the 4th floor of each wing, and one on the ground floor).The...

Hi,Anyone seen this:Sep 15 07:50:07.202 UTC: %MLSCEF-SP-2-FIB_SSRAM_WRITE_INCONSISTENCY: FIB SSRAM Mismatch for Index: 16386 Expected: 4000 , Hardware: 40A8BR,Bjornarsb

bjornarsb by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Last night i had a bad day. STP loop occur in one of core switch. connection is like that core switch -> HUB -> hubbetween this hub to hub two cables are connected. which cause loop. I just wondering why this port didn't go to block state. though i h...