Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone know anything about Verizon's (or any other carrier's) EPL service? Verizon has a MAN service called TLS (Transparent LAN Switching), which does NOT support QoS/CoS. I guess it has something to do with the manner in which the TLS service ...

lamav by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know anything about Verizon's (or any other carrier's) EPL service? Verizon has a MAN service called TLS (Transparent LAN Switching), which does NOT support QoS/CoS. I guess it has somethign to do with the manner in which the TLS service ...

lamav by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have hit a scenario and looking for some techincal help here for any possible work arounds if you have seen similar thing somewhere else. Following is the simplified topology CustomerSwitch1(dot1q)------------(qinq,l2tp)SP-A Switch1(dot1q)--------...

if a server has a default gateway pointing to a firewall and a layer 2 switch is in between the FW and server, can i be able to se the arp entry of server on switch?

aksher by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750 that is only allowing two ip addresses to pass through a layer 3 port. I need to allow the host to connect to the DHCP server on the other side of the port but have run into problems setting up the access list to allow bootps and bootpc...

scottdean by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello everybody,Any body can explain about tftp server, like what is it? what is the purpose to use it, where shall we use and how we can utilize it.thanks in advance,naidu.

Have a question about Cisco 3750 Catalysts. If I have stacked switches, say 3 3750's stacked together, what is the maximum throughput from switch to switch I can get. From what I am reading I can get up to 64 Gbps. Is this true because I am also s...

I need ot be educated. Why would someone place a trunk port in a vlan. I always thought of a port as either being one that supports a trunk or one that supports an end-user (access port).Check out this config:interface GigabitEthernet0/48 description...

lamav by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In my vpn client software, I have the host as x.x.x.x, lets assume that all other configurations are correct, should it connect based on this information? And how about the dns, how would it keep the connection close.ip address outside x.x.x.x 255.25...

dlgoodson by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is on a router configured as multicast RP. PIM Sparse mode and MSDP peering are used.When I "sh ip pim rp" on the router, a couple of groups always have "RP-reachable in ..." displayed. Timer just cycles from 00:01:30 to 00:00:00.Group: 224.0.1....

I don't quite understand this concept.i mean i read in a book that if i have some pc's connected to a switch, and i want to connect some ip-phones too - i need native vlan because pc's cannot understand vlan and tagging. that's fine but ISL encapsula...