Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.I have a router (1841) with 5 class of QoS. I have too a map-class when i configured cir=512000, mincir=512000, bc=5120, be=0 and fragment=640, all my class traffic data, but the Voice class no. But when i configured no cir, mincir=256000, bc=2560...

Hi,I'm not able to remove the clock rate on my serial interface. Have you an idea how I can remove it ?Output :interface Serial0/0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay IETF shutdown clock rate 2000000 frame-relay lmi-type q933a

Hi,Trying to setup a port channel between to Catalyst 6506's, the commands are accepted but the channeling doesn't work.The commands I used are :set trunk 1/1,1/2 on dot1q set port channel 1/1,1/2 mode onI have set these commands on both switches.One...

sdawson35 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI got asked if I know anything about incremental errors, and to be honest I don't and have never heard of a term that is focused on networks. Could someone please explain what this could probably be?For example Cisco refer "incremental errors" in t...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in a shop environment.If i install a copper cable with shielding do I need to have it connected at both end ? I am wearing that I could have ground problems with a long run of cable. What if my 2 grounds on the switches are different can I dama...

msaulnier by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am facing some problem with the C500 switch.Switch port is hang imultaneously in between 3 to 4 hour.And after restart the switch its working some time and again goes down.I have system massages in that it shows me caused by MAC address 0201.0000.0...

lalit0005 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Friends,I would like to understand and vistualise a possible scenario where HSRP is enabled on a BVI interface.Can anybody please give me the topology or any pointer with an example.Regards,Nambi.

nambi_gct by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have aproblem in my router as follow :I can ping " ICMP request " our remote sites from my local machine , but i cannot ping this remote sites from the router itself although the router is the gate way of the local machaine .

m facing problem in my cisco 2950/60 switches that some of the ports are not stable i.e. they keep on frequently changing its states. can anyone help me to find the cause and solution of this problem. log server messages are :09-17-2007 09:16:41 Loca...

aichem121 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, if I want to use PAT for my inside clients to access the internet how do I do this on my asa, do I create a static nat rule, then add the LAN as my source network, then in translated, use the outside interface, do I need to use the PAT option...