Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi to all,we have a Catalyst 4503 switch. Is this switch is capable of Layer 3 switching? If not, what module do i need? this one uses IOS, not CatOS. thanks in advance

cmadiam82 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am looking to upgrade the IOS on our X4232-L3 modules in a 4006, and after following all the links that point to the download area (have CCO access), I find that there are no images available.I know the X4232-L3 is getting very old, but has a...

mattbaker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have a 877W router.I have a copy of my IOS, running config and my startup-config in a safe place which I really want to put back. The router will boot but my problem is I can no longer talk to the router via IP but I can through the console via...

backpedal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i am wondering if i can do this kind of etherchanneling.We have a backup server with 6 gigabitEthernet and we wanted to bundle all 6 of them to form one logical interface with one ip address and physically connected to same vlan ports.We also wan...

nojpt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This sounds like an easy one, but I'm struggling with the command syntax to allow an ATM PVC to trust incoming DSCP values marked downstream. Using 3745 routers with 12.3T code, it appears that mls rp ip needs to be enabled but when I try to do this...

We're designing a network for a DR exercise and there's a question as to whether we need to have a router or a switch on the access. The network behind this device a flat network (1 vlan). Upstream from this device is an edge router that will do BGP ...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone have any recommendations for the layer 2 switch topology? From my L2/L3 distribution switches I connect L2 edge switches. Can I continue to add L2 switches below the othyer L2 switches and not affect STP performance and recovery times?

i cant access CE 500 switch on its web interface or from Cisco Network Assistant. and hour ago i've notice that the CPU utilization shoot up to 99% and now i cant access switch. what could be wrong?i didnt made any changes on the switch recently....

brianbono by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Iam trying to configure dnat on cisco 7507 . When i try to reach the resource with the dnat ip iam getting the following error message. Could any one clear what this message conveys**********************************************18w4d: TCP0: state was ...

Hi there my network connection is as follow:LAN--->FW--DMZ--FW--X(2610 router)---InternetI want add a second internet connection. This would be on the same switch the 2610 is on. Now i want all my servers in the Lan to have the second connection as t...

Hi,Platform : 6506 Sup720-3B + 122-33SXH ION.Question1 : What s that file in sup-bootfl.Resp : SEA ok ! How do I do do read it ?Question2 : What happens if his size is GT than sup-bootflash , or EQ ? GT seems to be more ...Best RegardsFrancois

florence by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I tried to update the IOS on our backbone switch going via the instructions attached. This failed and the switch continuously rebooted saying it could not load the .bin in rommon# mode. I think I found the problem in the path being incorrectnzaklnet1...

bmarmont_2 by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes