Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! New IOS update

I wish to update the IOS on a 4503, do we simply copy the new .bin file to the bootflash: then rename the old one, reload and thats it? Thanks

Hi there - We are getting ready to migrate from one ISP to another and I am running into some issues getting it to work. Essentially, our network is currently layed out like this:ISP->2620RTR->PIXFW1->DMZ,SERV,CORE switchesWe had some extra gear whi...

mpozorski by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What IOS version/feature set do I need to create more than one VLAN on the 871W router (the shipped feature set only allows the default single VLAN1).Cisco advertises this with the ability to designate a port as network DMZ -- but I am unable to do t...

youngjoel by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello !I`m new to Cisco Switches and i could need some help for 2950 type of switcheswe have performance problems between server and client - from what i can see at the "application" level it turns out that copying a file from client to server is dea...

rkletzing by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does Cisco have oversubscription guidelines/standards for all three switching layers? I heard they do but cannot find a link. For eg: access should not be oversubscribed over 1:125 and so on...If there's no link, can you guys tell me what do you typi...

ciscors by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Do Cisco 2948 fall in the same warranty as other Cisco 2900 switches? They are the CAT OS switches.(lifetime 10-days replacement)

nawas by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please advise me the technical cons of the sentence in layman's terms:"Cisco's WS-X6148-GE-TX on Core C6509 is heavily oversubscribed (8:1). Also it connects only to the 32Gbps shared bus."

fahim by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there my network connection is as follow:LAN--->FW--DMZ--FW--X(2610 router)---InternetI want add a second internet connection. This would be on the same switch the 2610 is on. Now i want all my servers in the Lan to have the second connection as t...

We have about 20 users and 20 servers and currently running on some old netgear switches. We would like to replace it with one 1xGigabit switch to be use for all servers and for all desktop to be use 10/100MB. Here is the hardware I looked at but not...

tung by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone! First of all sorry my bad English, it isn't my native language.I've got a model of network, consisting of 4 switches (see "Test Network 1" file):C3750G-24TS (Central, 12.2.37-SE (ADVANCED IP SERVICES))C3750-48TS (Office_1, 12.2.37-SE (AD...

Newly upgraded firmware on a G2:12.4(15)T1Aug 26 12:50:53.611: %SYS-4-CHUNKMALLOCFAIL: Could not allocate chunks for CEF:arp throtTotal free: 0, Total inuse: 500, Cause : Not a dynamic chunkFollowed by a traceback.The router does not crash, so seems ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card