Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Spanning Tree

Hi,If a spanning tree environment looses its ROOT bridge, a new bridge will be elected. My question is if during this time the switch ports will go through the lis-lrn-fwd states or if the new election is done transparent?(in this case the ROOT bridg...

rwedham by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have switch 6509 with a WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE card,I am going to install a WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE second card . The equipment at this moment is in production. The cards have installed a WS-F6K-MSFC card .The CATOS version is 7.6(1). The IOS version of the m...

Dear Sir,I got the following equipment listCISCO2811-SEC/K92811 Security Bundle, Advanced Security NM-16A16-Port Asynchronous ModuleCAB-OCTAL-ASYNC8-Lead Octel Cable (68-Pin to RJ45) MBS-D-C2811SECMBSS SDS for CISCO2811-SEC/K9CON-SUSA-C2811SECConsole...

Has anyone seen a Cisco switch's port LED's blink green all in unison. All 5 switches I have running are blinking in unison and then it does a port check and you can see it roll down the line by watching the LED's. I've unplugged every switch/hub I...

freemanrd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to install Cisco Aironet 1400 AP's outdoors and have a need to run Cisco IP phones in a remote building that has no place for the switch so we want to feed the phone using outdoor copper from the 3750 PoE switch. I can't see a SELV certificati...

elong by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 4503 Switch with Supervisor engine II plus, and i need to configure OSPF routing on it and it doesn't support. How can i overcome this issue?

jawwalit by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When a user compalins that the network is slow?What are the things to do?I was thinking along.Check since when he has been experiencing this issueHas he installed anything newCheck if there are any other users experiencing the same If they are, go st...

londint by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm looking for a good whitepaper or "how to" on the different port queueing mechanisms, 1p2q2t-type-info, an overview of the feature and configuration, for the different types of linecards.I've looked at ciscopress, and ... nothing.Can someone p...

lgontarsk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Can i run my PC on 100 MBPS connected with 100 MBPS of switch with CAT6 caling. i am trying but it only works on 10 MBPS when i used CAT6 cabling.Thanks,Dhaval Tandel

This is a question about eigrp network statements . Say you have networks 172.16.8.0/24 ,172.16.9.0/24 and 172.17.1.0 . What would you use as a network statement ? Can you just use network 172.0.0.0 or does it have to be network 172.16.8.0 , net...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Could you please advise. we have set a new network using 4507 as cores,3750 as distribution,2960 as access switches. now the vlans doesn't see each other and you can't access remotely to any host on a different vlan! how can i assign the IT po...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card