Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

A client of mine has the following core network design: 1. A routed server farm access layer with L3 uplinks to dual core switches. 2. No server-farm distribution switches. 3. Closet switches are L2-trunked up to a "campus layer" (building distributi...

lamav by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm Chinese, there is a problem with my work,thank you all first! ######################################## the enviroment: UNKNOWN line card: ws-x6148a-ge-tx Cisco Catalyst 6506 with super engin 2 Old IOS 12.1 (Running IOS) new IOS s222-ipservicesk9_...

leojchina by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Can anybody explain to me why you would configure a L2 switchport as a L3 interface and put an IP address on it?I have these at my new company, mainly on links between 3750G switches and 6500 switches.Cheers,Dan

the ws-x6k-s2u-msfc2 is the standby sup engine and a ws-x6k-sup2-2ge is the primary. when removing the primary and starting to boot the secondary it hangs and goes to rommon but unable to type. if i place console cable into standby not able to type...

gmvburg23 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a LAN using 3750's (IOS12.2(37)SE) as edge and 6500's as core. In a number of cases, I have linksys swr224G4 or other simpler switches attached to 3750's, which act as concentrators. In such cases, the 3750 ports connecting the linksys are de...

I'm trying to use PBR on a Catalyst 6509 whith MSFC2, with IOS Version 12.1(19)E. I have defined the following PBRroute-map PBR permit 0 match ip address 102 set ip default next-hop 156.106.131.228The ACL 102 is as follow:permit ip 156.106.151.0 0.0....

chzair by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all.I work for a small company with 60 10/100 network points. I've been thinking, to get 2 Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series 48 port Switches and Daisy chain them with the gigabit copper ports. What are you guys' thoughts on this? Is this the correct way...

Hi All,I have to add new segment in my network and also change the subnet mask from /26 to/25.What procedure can I follow to do this setup?I have attached my network upgrade plan.What all config need to be done in my L3 switch and L2 switch?Can someb...

Hi-ho nice NetPro folks.I've been asked to give a detailed presentation on an idea that I stupidly proferred in a team meeting months ago, about how we might speed up our WAN connections by piggybacking, wirelessly, off of a much faster LAN in a neig...

Hi all, we have 2 internet routers using hsrp. behind these is a firewall on a public ip address, would it be possible to use both internet routers and load balance the traffic over them?? I know we can use mhsrp but that means coming from different ...

Hi allwhen configuring my AP, when i put an ip address on it, where do i configure it, do I do this on the BVI interface? or do i need to put it on both the fast ethernet and bvi interfaces? do i need to type bridge-group 1 on my fast ethernet interf...

I am trying to setup a mac address filter to prevent specific machines from accessing an ssid that I have setup for guest access. The config basics on my switch-****************mac access-list extended LocalDevices permit host xxxx.xxxx.xxxx any perm...

dsturgeon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes