Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am running Catalyst 5500. Recently one problem has been observed that whenever a connected devices goes OFFLINE, the port status also goes no NOTCONNECT status. BUT When the devices comes back ONLINE, port status does not changes until switch is no...

I am having trouble obtaining SDM Express. I get to a screen that reads "please wait" and nothing happens. Has anyone encountered the same problem?

How do I format HTTP configuration URL to send the "/" ?If I send:http://10.10.10.1/level/15/exec/-/copy/tftp:\/\/source.ip\/file.bin/flash:/CRI would expect it to copy from tftp://source.ip/file.bin to flash:but it replaces the "/" in tftp URI with ...

Hi.I have configured a L2TPV3 tunnel between two routers and have got traffic flowing through the tunnel OK. I now want to stop BPDU's from going across the tunnel. Is there anyway I can do this?The basic config from my routers is below:Router 1pseud...

I am connecting a multilink site to a client. I am using qinq stacking and assigning them a vlan based off that stack. The problem come when adding another service such as Internet connectivity. I was going to assign an ip to the vlan i am using a...

jwilde by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an IBM Blade Server 'H' with HS21 blades. The servers have two gig interfaces. We are running bonding (method '0') with packet going out round robin. The connections are to the IBM/Cisco IGESM (Cisco ~2950) blade modules. We have trunk failove...

rdboyd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are looking to upgrade our Communication Clostes. In our ground floor closet we have 8 24 port 10/100 switches with 1gb uplink.We would like to replace them with 4 3750G-48PS-S and would stack them for easy of administration. In a stack situation...

bleucube by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. We have a 7609 with VLAN204 (layer2 and a layer3 vlan interface: 192.168.100.1) with an access port in VLAN204 (g3/29: switchport access vlan 204). We also have a 6506 with a VLAN102 (layer2 and layer3 vlan interface: 192.168.100.148) with an ...

i got a 2521 router cheap on ebay 19.99 puls shipping 25.00 which kills you but could i use this unit as a frame relay switch .

Has anyone heard of the new SUP coming out for the 4500 series? Iam trying to get more info on it. I am running SUPV 10 gig and need more CPU.

Hi, We connected two 3560 over a single mode fiber optic cable with distance of less than 2kilometre using Cisco SFP (GLC-LH-SFP transceiver). The connection worked for close to 3 months and all of a sudden it stopped working. There was no log on the...

defash by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI have 2 switches both switches connected through port no.44 as a uplink port, the thing is I configured vlan 15 on port no.44 in 1st switch as well as vlan 17 on port no.44 in 2nd switch now both will communicate or not.