Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am having an issue trying to configure ip dhcp snooping. I have a windows dhcp server on my server room switch (6500). All of my vlan interfaces are on my core (6500) with helper ip addresses. I have enabled snooping, trusted the port the dhcp s...

jbanker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have two routers, Router-A directly connected Router-B if I given shutdown to an interface in Router-A which is going to connect Router-B, now what will happen, if I issue show interface on Router-B whats output would I see on the interface ...

One of our switches keeps generating an error message pasted below every a couple of minutes. And I did some research on Cisco website; it recommends that no action is to be done. But I still think there is anything I need to do to get rid of this me...

wuh by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

anyone aware of input cos/dscp markings on a .1q trunk port using ACLs?

d.c by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently upgraded my IOS (3750), and everything was fine. Now though when I try to boot I get the following:Base ethernet MAC Address: Xmodem file system is available.The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.Initializing Flash...flashfs[0]: 3 fil...

Hello group,I'm just getting back into routing after a 5 year absence. I'm looking for some sanity checks and a bit of help:The goal is to connect two internal LANs using a 2651 then control the traffic with access lists.I have two 10/100 Ethernet po...

I am using a CISCO 3550 Multilayer switch with theIOS version 12.1(11)EA1. I am configuring Virutal link with the following commands :**********************************************cisc0(config)#router ospf 10 cisco(config-router)# area 1.1.1.1 virtua...

I have cat 6509 with MSFC.MSFC is used to route traffic between VLANs. there are ip phones on the 6509. Myq question is do I need to configure qos on msfc, or just need configure qos on supervisor?

I am setting up DHCP Snooping and I am looking at the configuration guide for the 6500 series switch. These are the steps that they show:Step 1 Add DHCP snooping to the VACL.set security acl ip acl_name permit dhcp-snoopingStep 2 Configure the VACL t...

Resolved! MDI / MDIX

Hello,I have one end that doesn't support auto-mdix feature (namely WS-X6348-RJ-45 module on 6509) and other end does support (HP blade PCs switch) auto-mdix and it is enabled. Does anybody know what I should see on HP end - MDI or MDIX? Should I FOR...

Hello all, i'm trying to get the dot1p tagged frames on my wireshark , these frames are going out of my 440x controller that is connected through a trunk to my 3750 switch. When I enter the following CLIs:SW-3750-2(config)#monitor session 1 source in...

Hi,I wan to know if the safety certification at the catalyst 3560 is the same to catalyst 3750?im looking at the table 5 in specification , 3560 is certified with first edition, and 3750 with third edition.i really want to know if the catalyst 356...