Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI'm having trouble understanding some basics on a switch. If I have multiple vlan's and each one of those vlan's has a default gateway, then which gateway do I use to put into the switch command "ip default-gateway" for example:vlan 1: 10.20.20.1vl...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We'll be retiring the last of our 3500XLs next month and replacing them with 3560 and 3570s. Once complete, I would like to migrate from PVST and RPVST across the board in order to speed up convergence times. The implementation seems pretty straigh...

I have a Cisco 2621 router in front of a Watchguard Firebox III 700. The interface (FastEthernet0/1) IP on the Cisco facing my LAN is 100.200.300.1, for example. The IP on the FBIII external interface is 100.200.300.2.Using any computer behind the FB...

cmcfarling by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DFE Mismatch

I am installing a new supervisor 720 to my 6509 siwtch but I am getting the following error:00:01:33: %C6KENV-SP-2-DFCMISMATCH: Module 9 DFC incompatible with Supervisor DFC. Power deniedHere is the output of the show module command: (File Attached)...

Hi,does someone know how much memory/port (kB/queue) is reserved (allocated) for all 4 egress queues on the following switches? Cat3560Cat3560ECat3750Cat3750EBest Regards,Manfred

maerjak by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, if I have say vlan 100 on my 2950 switch and I want to use this for management, can I put an ip address on vlan 100 on the switch so i can manage it, or does it have to be vlan 1 ?

Hi Everyone,I have two switches connected to eachother, the access link runs over VLAN 170. If I have an IP address on one switch on int VLAN 170 and an IP address on the other switch (from the same sunbet) but on int VLAN 2, should they be able to p...

When we configure multicasting on our 3745 router with a switch card (NMD-36-ESW) it will not pass the data to other networks. There are multiple vlans set up on the switch card, with corresponding vlan interfaces. We have a Windows server running Wi...

fsux by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have two 45 mbps ethernet link between two 6509 switches atdifferent locations. i have created port channel for this two link. Now if any of this link goes down, it does come out of PO , it continues to remaina member of PO beacuse of which there i...

Hi guys, I am playing around with my home CCNA lab and want to set up some VLANS.I am using a 2950 switch and a 2501 router. My question here is, do I simply create a trunk on the port that connects the switch to the router and add the VLAN traffic o...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card