Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In a scenario where I have a layer three switch configured with 50 VLANS and want to enable layer 3 switching/routing between only 5 VLANS. When I enable ip routing on the switch I enable routing between all VLANS, I don't want to administer multiple...

d-g-c by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to connect two 3560 PoE switches together via that special SFP Module Patch Cable. I'm not sure what is the most efficient way to configure the switches. They will both function as simple access switches at one of my remote locations. This ...

Hello Experts!i will deploy new Site with 4507R;i defined 4 links for The L3 Etherchannelbetween ds & CORE; but now I have on Fiber link ready for this Bundle.can etherchannel form in 1 Link & later when the other 3 links be ready i will add it to th...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a 1900 switch on which I have configured 3 vlans & a trunk to a 2600 router. When configuring the router I can enter each of the subinterfaces of the fast ethernet port but when I attempt to enter "encapsulation isl 2" to set the encap...

Hi all, can anyone give me a sample config, on how to setup idsn for 2 x 128k lines, each of the lines has 2x64k channels but I want my router to use both the circuits so its using the full 256 k bandwidth, can anyone show me this?cheersCarl

I have a 2948 Catalyst switch running CatOS ver 5.4 and would like to know how I can configure my ports to run both a data vlan and voice vlan.I am able to do this easily on my IOS switches, but cant figure how how its done in CatOSThanks allMark

zeu7 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Expert,I am very new to CISCO, I have 2 networks A & BA is on 172.16.1.0/24, router is on 172.16.1.2B is on 172.16.4.0/24, router is on 172.16.4.1in Network B, there is also had internal network 192.168.210.0currently, from network A (172.16.1.0...

winanjaya by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,6500 sup2/MSFC right now running with 12.1(26)E5 and now i want to upgrade to 12.2(18)SXD. I have active and standby sup with RPR+ redudancy mode.Can i follow below step:1. copy the 12.2 image in disk0 and slavedisk0 2. change boot with 12.2 3. wr...

Hi, 2 Locations, 2 Routers, each routers connected point to point & also each routers connected to internet.point to point link is 2Mbps ether link i hav given the public IP given by the ISP.internet link is 2Mbps leased lineRouter-1interface fasther...