Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am experimenting with spanning-tree on a home lab. when using for example a "show spanning-tree int fa0/1" command the response refers to port fa0/1 as "port 13" which seems strange? Can someone explain the reason for this, and also tell me if t...

After a power off of our switch we keep losing the config. I have made sure the start config and running config are the same. What I did find is the config register is set to 0x9006???? I have never seen this....can someone enlighten me as I think th...

burleyman by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can anybody point me to a document with detailed instruction on how to upgrade the IOS one a 6500 with an MSFC1 supervisor??

I have been receiving the message below periodically on a catalyst 6509. Does anyone have any experience with this error message?*Oct 12 09:04:38: %PM_SCP-SP-6-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 8 is experiencing the following error: Pinnacle #0, Frames with ...

rivitusoj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am experiencing intermittant issues with printers simply dropping off the network. Every couple of days, the print queue will die and the printer stops responding to ping. Ping from another another PC on the same subnet and then it appears to "wa...

thomsmith by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an non-Cisco L2 switch that needs to connect to a Cat 6509 via etherchannel using LACP. How do I assign a VLAN/dot1q encapsulation on the etherchannel/port-channel on the Cat6509 to identify the VLAN.Here's my config;6509-SW-01#sh run int fa3/...

I'm faced to a problem to find information about keepalive on Ethernet Interfaces: why and how it works.Anyone can explain or send me information about?

Hi guys,I'm trying to configure a 2611 router (IOS 12.2) for vpn, so that vpn clients can connect to it.As of now, my int e0/1 is using the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet, and I also have a dhcp pool that assigns address for that same subnet.Hence, for the pool ...

Can anyone give me a definitive answer, that when connecting on isdn each end has to be on a common subnet ? a see people connecting to a number and just pushing a route to a number more or less !!