Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, Just wondering if possible to set up a SPAN session on a port channel as source.  Also the port channel is trunk. - I don't need it to do it remotely so RSPAN not required  I'm guessing as the source port channel will be 2Gbps going to my destina...

Wanted to get some clarification. I know that these are purley Layer 3 but with a NIM we can enable Layer 2 support. Question is does this enable Layer 2 support on all interfaces? Ex. the original routed SFP ports? Or is this limited to just the NIM...

Krish88 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

We have an implementation project coming up around the beginning/middle of January 2021 using C9300/C9500 switches into 4-post racks.  Unfortunately, the lead times on the 4-post mounting kits are out to the end of March right now.  I was wondering i...

RB6502 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a switch Cisco SG300 (in L2 mode, in last firmware version) with 3 VLANS. I defined an IP address on my VLAN 41 for switch management (Web gui acces, ssh, ...). My problem is that I can't seem to set an IP on my other two VLANs. For exa...

fabienfs by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all I have a specific request to rate-limit a 10 Gbps interface to 1 Gbps throughput. Hardware is a C9300-24T with IOS 16.9.  Is that easily possible? I know that will cause packet-loss, but that's acceptable for this connection. And yes I know th...

patoberli by VIP Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone, glad to be apart of the group. I have the following task to do and do not find a solution:The task is to authenticate an supplicant switch on an authanticator system against Microsoft NPS or freeradius.I cheked out this configurations...

guidance required regards this 1: Identify the network Region and highlight it with help of drawing tool2: Use an appropriate IPv4 scheme for the given topology and configure the environment3: The PC0 and PC7 from network and 1 and 2 respectively, co...

Hello, I have a CISCO 4331 with a 24 Port Switch Module installed internal to the router.  I also have a Cisco 9300 24-port SFP switch (no network module).  I am trying to establish connectivity between all three devices.  Normally, I set up VLAN Int...

Is there ANY WAY to change the VTP mode and domain in a Catalyst 9500 from transparent to server without human intervention? That is without manually configure 'vtp mode server' and 'vtp domain MyVtpDomain'At one site they plugged in a Cisco switch w...

Resolved! 3850 VRF

Hi,Quick one :How many VRF does 3850 switch support with the IP services license enabled? ThanksSamy

ssg14 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes