Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have 2 WAN links. Therefore I need to enable traffic to go to WAN1. WAN2 is just a backup.If I just use metric, will the backup route@WAN2 works if main route fails? or need to configure "track"? ip route 202.188.7.12 255.255.255.255 10.1.1.1--...

getaway51 by Level 2
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, Have a weird issue where I have created a new additional /identical sub-interface (L3 Vlan) on 4 x Nexus 7Ks in which on one of the N7K, one sub-interface didn't come up as expected: (i.e. the other 3 x N7K sub-interfaces are UP)SR002# sh int...

Drew1815 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, Good morning! Hope you can help on this... I never imagine this (may) happen to me here.... I barely pay attentions but couple months ago I realized all the connected-port lights on Csico switches are flashing simultaneously. Most of the...

riderfaiz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have 2 x Cisco Nexus 9K 93180YC-EX units connected via vPC, plus a port-channel (also with vPC) back to our L3 Core (6509 VSS pair).  We have a new ESX Host trying to boot via PXE to get a DHCP address but it fails each time getting a 'No offer...

neilo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I'm setting up a switch and I have to enforce password complexity. This includes minimum length and special characters and such. I tried to configure a common criteria policy but it didn't seem to actually enforce the policy is it only on using pa...

drewpamon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I know that best practices is to have a dedicated port-channel for non vPC VLANs and not to allow those VLANs in the peer link. My question is, will it still valid to allow vPC and non vPC VLANs in the peer link? Will that have impact on the pe...

i have a layer two switch with vlan 30 connected to a firewall as its gateway i configured an svi on vlan 30 to be able to manage iti can reach its from within the subnet but not from outside  interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11 switchport access vlan 30...

MicrosoftTeams-image.png
a.alyahia by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes